Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil pressure sensor

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
coming off where the oil filter goes is a sender, and just passed that on the block there is another sender. can someone please tell me which ones which?

cheers.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
this is for a 3.8 buick by the way

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
one on the oilfilter housing is oil pressure the other will be the knock sensor

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
thanx, also. anyone know where i can fit a mechanical water temp gauge sender. it has a pretty big thread.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
is it screwed into an adaptor is that why its big they normally arnt too big you may need to remove the stock guage sender and replace it with the aftermarket sender if you cant find a spare hole and dont have the tools to make a new one.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
thanx, also. anyone know where i can fit a mechanical water temp gauge sender. it has a pretty big thread.

i've never really thought about it but there aren't many places off the block you could do it easily.

you could try something like this, though in something other than red, it's a bit ricey

NEW WATER ADAPTOR HOSE TEMP GAUGE RADIATOR SENDER 34mm - eBay Engine Parts, Engines, Components, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Apr-09 22:03:20 AEST)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i wonder if the water gallery is still in the rear of the inlet manifold like vn s1's were if so you could drill and tap in there
i doubt ther will be though and you want it right before it exits the thermostat really

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
yeh, got one of those. but the bolt is about 1/2 inch. which is twice the size of the hole on the adaptor. might see if i can tap a bigger hole into it.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
yeh, got one of those. but the bolt is about 1/2 inch. which is twice the size of the hole on the adaptor. might see if i can tap a bigger hole into it.

you can get adapter bits, but they might only come with t-piece bits like you use with an oil pressure sender.
still, i'd look into that before you go drilling out and threading a new hole