Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil pressure!!!!!

caveman133

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore ve ss
I have the 07 commodore ss. Hot idle gives me 100 KPA and WOT @6000 gives me 450 KPA.
My idle is low. I've replaced oil pressure senor, installed melling high pressure oil pump yet still the same pressure. There is no ticking noise no weird noise and no sign of damaged cam bearing or main bearings. The engine runs very smooth and has done only 63000KM.

I am in need for some help to resolve this. Could it be a definitive pump? The O-Ring is in good shape. Could it be a defective sensor. I checked it manually when cold with a pressure gauge and it idled at 210 KPA. It once i press the peddle it goes to 480 KPA not even full throttle. But that was cold.

Cold start pressure is at 350 kpa
The warmer it get it drops which is normal. Fully warm is 100-110 kpa
What you guys think?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Did the melling pump come with a choice of 2 springs - some aftermarket pumps come with a choice, maybe its running the high pressure spring

caveman133

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore ve ss
Did the melling pump come with a choice of 2 springs - some aftermarket pumps come with a choice, maybe its running the high pressure spring

Yes it did. I went with the red one. High pressure

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
What is your fully warm oil temp and oil spec?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
oil thickness will change it a little but does seem low, i use 10-60 and with stock oil pump im round 250 hot idle and think round 450 cold start, i changed mine so if it's under 150 at idle and 300 up top id get a early warning of lower then normal pressure

caveman133

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore ve ss
oil thickness will change it a little but does seem low, i use 10-60 and with stock oil pump im round 250 hot idle and think round 450 cold start, i changed mine so if it's under 150 at idle and 300 up top id get a early warning of lower then normal pressure

60 grare oil is heavily thick on ls bases motors. I never even went for 20w-50. The know thicker oio will increase oil presswbut that is not a fix. I will increase flow restriction on bearings which is not a good thing

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i was just showing what i use and my pressures that's all, i wouldn't recommend changing thickness to fix a pressure issue, 10-60 is fine many people run it i have been for few years with the stress of blower and no issues