Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil seeping through manifold spacer

dagsy

Reaction score
Hello Mace,

quick question for you. i have got one of your 25mm manifold spacers on my ecotec and i have noticed oil seeping throught the spacer itself. it is not leaking out anywhere & i assume it is leaking from around the pcv valve where i probably haven't sealed it properly.

my questions are... do i need to fix this & if i don't will it do damage to the spacer??

thanks in advance

MACE

Reaction score
Hello Mace,

quick question for you. i have got one of your 25mm manifold spacers on my ecotec and i have noticed oil seeping throught the spacer itself. it is not leaking out anywhere & i assume it is leaking from around the pcv valve where i probably haven't sealed it properly.

my questions are... do i need to fix this & if i don't will it do damage to the spacer??

thanks in advance

"quick question for you. i have got one of your 25mm manifold spacers on my ecotec and i have noticed oil seeping throught the spacer itself. it is not leaking out anywhere & i assume it is leaking from around the pcv valve where i probably haven't sealed it properly."
Unless the car is hunting under idle etc then there is no vac

"my questions are... do i need to fix this & if i don't will it do damage to the spacer??"
No the spacer will still be covered under a lifetime warranty

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

dagsy

Reaction score
thanks for the reply steve,
the car is running fine so i don't think there are any vacuum issues. i'll try and get a pic sent to you so you can see what i'm on about.
cheers

MACE

Reaction score
thanks for the reply steve,
the car is running fine so i don't think there are any vacuum issues. i'll try and get a pic sent to you so you can see what i'm on about.
cheers
It would be a darker patch on the outer surface around the PCV valve

dagsy

Reaction score
i noticed when i was taking the pics it is only happening on the drivers side which makes me think i didn't seal the pcv properly. i couln't get the pics to upload so i emailed them to you....

dagsy

Reaction score
do you think the oil already in the spacer will damage it? like mdf when it get wet???

MACE

Reaction score
do you think the oil already in the spacer will damage it? like mdf when it get wet???
No the spacer will still be covered under a lifetime warranty

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I used Permatex No.2 black paste when installing my spacer. I just get paranoid and think i wont do something properly. It also gives you that freedom to slide things into place without worrying you will smear the sealant etc. as it can be.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Can the bakelite or similar you use wick oil ?