Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil serperator/ Catch can

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I haven’t been active on the site for a while but to look at his profile I can’t see anything indicating he has been banned.

Maybe it’s a personal choice not to be currently contributing or give it away altogether.

I do know not everything he said was on the money and heaven help those who disagreed.

As for his technical ability there is often more than one way to skin a cat but not in his world

Just saying as I don’t care one way or the other as sometimes I found his retorts entertaining and at other times just plain inflammatory which will often turn away other valuable contributors and you’re left to decipher the merits of only one source of input.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Panhead is on the money

But I'm going to slightly modify a couple of lines from his post for my own use:
# Not everything monster said was on the money and heaven help those who disagreed....especially if you could prove otherwise
# There is more than one way to skin a cat...But his way was the only right way to do it....end of story
# I used to find his replies entertaining, but with his constant derogatory rambling replies the novelty wore off pretty quick
# I have no doubt that his attitude (to members with a different opinion) turned away other possible member contributions to a thread

The longer term members will already know this, but the newer members on the forum probably wouldn't even realize that monster has come and gone from the forum under a few different user names over the years....And they have all ended in him being banned
At the end of the day he got himself banned again, and he bought it all upon himself
The moderators will only deal with so much crap from you before you get given a warning, or a short period of no access to the forum
And when you return and continue on with the same crap like monster did, you are gonna get your arse kicked to the kerb permanently

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
^^^^ about covers it.

There are a number of very passionate contributors (for better or worse), there are also some members who are very good at needling other members into saying or doing something stupid which generally ends up in bans.

Such is life unfortunately.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
That’s a shame!! There doesn’t appear to be many knowledge guru members left if Monstar’s permanently banned. A loss to the forum.
Admin should reconsider.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hi all just an update.
I finally fitted the ProVent catch can to my SSV.
I won’t go into to much detail but feel free to ask any questions.

I had to make up a bracket to fit the catch can. There is a threaded bolt hole near the idler pulley on the drivers side that I used.
Then it was just a matter of plumbing it all up. Here’s some photos of it all installed.

This is the Prent 200 kit i bought

View attachment 202087

And the finished install
View attachment 202084

Parts list for what I used

ProVent 200 catch can kit
$300 (eBay)

12>8mm reducers x2
$10.50 (eBay)

8mm oil resistant hoes 1m
$20 (eBay)

New PCV hoes
$16 (holden)

Unfortunately now that it’s finished I don’t need to use the mistress so not going to know how much oil it collects till about Christmas but we’ll update after about 1000km’s
Good on u for the install.
Would like to see your updates.
Please keep us updated.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
is there much benefit in a catch can on the ls engines for day to day street use? From what I have read, it's more beneficial for direct injection engines.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
is there much benefit in a catch can on the ls engines for day to day street use? From what I have read, it's more beneficial for direct injection engines.
yes all LS can benefit from them, the catch for direct injection only helps because they dont have the fuel running over the valves to clean the oil off them like port injection does so stopping it is needed to stop buildup over time, if u take your intake off the throttle body and open the blade and look inside with torch if u see oil u will be better with a catch can

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

My car is daily driven with some spirited runs. I have fitted an Elite E2 catch can with clean side seperator and it seems to be working. The liquid is thin and smells like a mixture of fuel/oil.

Resized_20180726_175648.jpeg

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
As @07GTS said I took off my airing take opened up the throttle body blade and there it was quite shiny with oil and you could see pools of oil.

Is it worth it not too sure yet will let you know in a couple of weeks.