Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
recently in my vz i got the message to service the oil, i did it myself instead of going to holden to pay heaps more.
then i reset the service reminder myself, i just wanted to check that if the oil went low again or needed service, would it flash a reminder?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Ive never had that msg b4. How many k's was the car at when u changed the oil?

The service reminder is every 15k, unless you've gone over the service interval, thats why your getting service eng oil msg.
E.g.
90k etc.......

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
i guess that would make sense because at the same time the service time message came up, n as usual i reset it lol. mines on around 112 500 or sumfin like that

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The Service Engine Oil warning comes on if the car travels a certain distance past the recommended service interval and the interval warning has not been cleared.

In other words, if you get to 29,000 km for example, the 30k service warning appears and will continue to appear until it has been cleared. If you fail to have it cleared and the car continues past then 30k's, the service oil light will appear after a specified distance - I think it's about 2000k's later (32000).