Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil temp sender wiring

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
yay my new oil temp gauge and sender has finaly arrived, ittl all be getting wired in tonight, how ever i want to make sure that i wire the sender up correctly!

so do i need to run 2 wires from the sender one to the gauge and one to ground or does this sender self ground and what location do i wire the gauge line to the sender? if the sender is self grounding will it ground ok on the aluminuim sandwitch adapter etc

i know its a lot of questions but i need to get this right, i cant afford to keep changing gauges and senders etc

please help!!

:bang:

temp sender 002.jpg

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
pro plus vaccum gauge dim?

woops wrong window

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
You might have to try, it should ground ok on the sandwich plate but it may be a bit of trial and error.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the sender grounds in the oil filter sandwich adaptor mate. however i would imagine that there is a seal/gasket of some sort between the engine block fiting and the oil filter sandwich adaptor which will probably insulate it. so it may pay to run a wire from the sandwich plate to somewhere in the block if it doesn't contact the block itself properly

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
sweet ill give that a go! the problem only seems to happen when the oil sender is on, in other words, the oil is 50 degrees plus