Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

okay somethings not right..l67

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Hey guys, ever since I have brought my VX l67 I havnt been happy with my fuel economy, strugglin too get 400k's to a tank even highway driving 50k's+ average speed. So ive replaced o2 sensors, cleaned MAF and also a full service and I run 98 premium fuel, it also seems im using more fuel after I replaced my o2 sensors and cleaned my MAF. So im out of ideas guys hence ive made this thread

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Engine just tired? How many Ks? If low Ks, get a compression test done. You don't have a heavy right foot, do you? I am getting 550Ks to the tank around town and about 800Ks on a decent trip with my VT Acclaim wagon. 400Ks seems too low to me also.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Car has done 150,000, yeah I will be getting a compression test done I think as something is defntley not right here. I dont have a heavy foot, though I do give the car some squirts here and there! My 5.0L can get 500ks too a tank with a heavy foot and my l67 uses more with a light feather.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
just wondering r u working off the DTE readin or actually doing 400KMs trips b4 the fuel light comes on? its possible u may just need ur fuel recalibrated so u may have more fuel in the tank left than u think.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
wrx884, I have the opposite problem with mine. If I ignore my fuel warning light, I do it at my own risk. On a short trip just off Parramatta road in Sydney the light came on so I turned in to a street where I knew there was a servo. about 100 meters later there was a bit of a hill so I decided to do a u-turn. Motor stalled, out of fuel. Had to roll backwards into a side street with a bl%%dy semi trailer coming down the hill towards me. I got to the servo, will never ignore the fuel warning light again, not even for a few hundred meters. How does Holden work these things? My daughter has a VZ and when her fuel warning light comes on, she has at least 200Ks to go!

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey guys, ever since I have brought my VX l67 I havnt been happy with my fuel economy, strugglin too get 400k's to a tank even highway driving 50k's+ average speed. So ive replaced o2 sensors, cleaned MAF and also a full service and I run 98 premium fuel, it also seems im using more fuel after I replaced my o2 sensors and cleaned my MAF. So im out of ideas guys hence ive made this thread

Maybe check ur fuel filter, hows ur airfilter look? and also how old is the oil in it?, also getting your cats checked out is a good idea too, if not that you may have a leaky injector? wouldnt hurt to get them checked and sonic cleaned (if you got spare coin)

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Agreed, Change your fuel filter, air filter and get your injectors cleaned :)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
wrx884, I have the opposite problem with mine. If I ignore my fuel warning light, I do it at my own risk. On a short trip just off Parramatta road in Sydney the light came on so I turned in to a street where I knew there was a servo. about 100 meters later there was a bit of a hill so I decided to do a u-turn. Motor stalled, out of fuel. Had to roll backwards into a side street with a bl%%dy semi trailer coming down the hill towards me. I got to the servo, will never ignore the fuel warning light again, not even for a few hundred meters. How does Holden work these things? My daughter has a VZ and when her fuel warning light comes on, she has at least 200Ks to go!

urs may need slight adjusting but im pretty sure wen the light comes on u should have about 10L- 15L of fuel left which should b about 60-80kms of fuel. so urs isnt 2 bad the hill would have been the killer tho haha.