Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Old Cameras

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is there anyone on here knowledgeable on older 35mm cameras? I have acquired two old cameras in a bundle of other cameras I bought off FB, I have done a bit of reading about them and they seem fairly decent.

One is a Fujica ST605 and the other, which I think is the better of the two in terms of value, is a Diax IIa.

Does anybody know anything about either of these cameras?

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Thread dig because of the cute little Diax range finder!

You must have worked it out by now, and I hope you mad a nice little return on these collectible beauties!

That's a German made '~1954 cute little ranger finder. It should have had interchangeable lenses with a 40.5mm thread on it. Most likely with a Schneider-Kreuznach, 50mm f2.8, tessar design. That lens is collectable by the dorks with mirrorless cameras that get of on the old stuff. That ranger finder body has a short register distance so the adapter required would fit modern stuff nice!

Oh what a cute little thing!

The Fujica, that's a M42 equipped, late 70' SLR. A great example of the Japanese camera industry behemoth of the time.

Ah Fun fun fun!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s nice seeing a thread with a post by NAAF. Was one of the best contributors the forum has had.
Doesn’t post much anymore. Couldn’t dig a thread by a better person.

On topic: I have my Grandfathers old Cannon 35mm(?) camera. I don’t recall what sort. It dates back to the mid 70’s. I used to use it for surf photography (from the beach). Has a nice telephoto lens too. I stopped using it in the early 90’s when the images started going on an angle. A beautiful camera though. Will never get rid of it. Be good to have it fixed one day.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Dad had a Ricoh 35mm that he took with him on his jobs in SW QLD during '60s, and took a lot of slide photos of sheep, cattle, rocks and his Holden utes in out of the way places that require a 4WD today.. Had to have a light meter to use it properly.
I learned how to use it, and after I while I could 'guess' the aperture and timing to get a photo.
Then the film winder gears wore out and I couldn't advance the film, and couldn't find anyone to repair it.
It has either been junked or hidden somewhere amongst the crap I have accumulated...........dunno.
As for modern electronic cameras, unless you spend a heap of money on an expensive, reputable brand, they are OK for a while, then die.
Really doesn't matter, as nobody else is interested in our photos of Dead Dingo Creek.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
I’m interested in your photos of dead dingo creek.

I discovered a Pentax k1000 when at uni and it quickly turned into a silly great hobby. Started collecting a whole bunch of film cameras, started exploring the east / west German things, ended up with early Soviet cameras and lenses and it fitted my identity at the time as a dirty track bike ridding hipster communist.

Ah fun times.

Now the film cameras sit on the shelves, the lenses in a draw. My digital camera in its bag. Ah I should go take photos of things.

Most of all those lenses posted about above can continue to be used with modern gear, go use em, I’ll promise to use mine too…

Reactions: Lex

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Ha ha. :p
I have just spent an hour farnarkling a suitable image, ( resizing, copying and failed ) about 24 sandhills west of Big Red.
Some photos I can post, majority I can't. Easy for some, harder for dinosaurs. :mad:

Reactions: Lex

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
And yet ........... there we go . :)

1701469461706.png

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute

I discovered a Pentax k1000 when at uni and it quickly turned into a silly great hobby. Started collecting a whole bunch of film cameras, started exploring the east / west German things, ended up with early Soviet cameras and lenses and it fitted my identity at the time as a dirty track bike ridding hipster communist.

Ah fun times.

Now the film cameras sit on the shelves, the lenses in a draw. My digital camera in its bag. Ah I should go take photos of things.

Most of all those lenses posted about above can continue to be used with modern gear, go use em, I’ll promise to use mine too…
I still have a K1000 and a bunch of lenses. But the cost of developing 35 mm film is too much nowadays. Looking at the bids on eBay, they don't seem worth very much.