Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

old car.

meki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commordor gen 3
just bought a vt commordor from a wreckers and its been sittin there for bout 7 years with a burnt clutch. it hasn't moved eva since and i have another vt but the body is damaged pretty bad... only resaon why i got the one from the wreckers is to swap gear box coz it was cheaper. i got the car started and a orange engine light comes on then goes off. is there anything else i should be checking up on the car i bought from the wreckers?
cheers:hmmm:

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
why not just replace clutch?? wouldnt that be easier then swapping parts and getting error codes?

meki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commordor gen 3
i thought about that but where i live is remote area and it will cost me 1500 for the clutch and fitted. my old vt body is pretty bad and panel beaters told me it will cost me 8000 to 10,000 for dints out and a full body re-spray so mite as well make 1 good car out of 1... if you know what i mean?
what types of error codes would happen if you dont mind me asking?

meki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commordor gen 3
by the way nice car...

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
not to sure someone else will have to answer that , was just saying that if your getting warning lights and stuff then it would be easier to get a new clutch... but if you have a healthy gearbox just sitting there then as you said it would be cheaper to change it over :p

haha cheers mate, would be nicer with a v8 in it :( lol

meki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commordor gen 3
haha v8 sounds nice.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
they do indeed! stupid p plates *shakes fist*

btw do you have the right wiring harness to fit the gearbox out of the other car??

meki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commordor gen 3
yeah everything is compatible. only #### thing about living in remote area is if i had to get it done by a workshop they take long and charge a arm and a leg.

meki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commordor gen 3
yeah all good now... working on car on my days off work... just need a good tidy up in engine bay then its ready to be all fitted.