Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Old for sale threads...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey guys,

Not sure if its been asked, or if theres a reason as to why/why not etc..

But, just wondering if theres a way to delete, or hide away all of the old for sale posts that have either been sold or are just too old etc so they don't show up in searches or clutter up the section?

I keep wanting to look in there but not sure where all the 'current' items end and the old crap begins. :p

Yes I know, the current ones are at the beginning etc... But theres pages upon pages and its verrry time consuming trying to go through all of them to check for anything you want. So searching is the easiest/quickest way but theres all old threads cluttering up the results...

Interesting to hear peoples opinions, if its just me being picky - don't worry, but if it seems like a good idea, then I'm glad I mentioned it!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
It'd be nice for someone to clean them up,

I'd do it if I could, But obviously I cannot.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
It'd be nice for someone to clean them up,

I'd do it if I could, But obviously I cannot.

just steal haks account next time he is drunk

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
dont let VKCOMMO do it!!!! he will delete the new ones too! hahaha!!!! jks jks :p :p :p

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
dont let VKCOMMO do it!!!! he will delete the new ones too! hahaha!!!! jks jks :p :p :p

haha, itd probly be good if every one of them got delited
then they could all make a new one :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Will ask darren about setting up an auto prune when threads close. Perhaps a 30 day grace in case something isnt sold and people havent been pumping the thread with bumps.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Will ask darren about setting up an auto prune when threads close. Perhaps a 30 day grace in case something isnt sold and people havent been pumping the thread with bumps.

Sounds like a good idea minux, maybe even longer - 3 months?
Its mainly the threads that are xx years old.

In the Wanted To Buy section (Swap/WTB/Trade) it only has 2 pages, making it tolerable and even possible to go through. Where as well over 100 pages is very tedious. Yes there's probably more active/current 'For Sale' threads, but not that many.

Even just getting one of the Mod's or all of them to go through and delete the old/sold/unactive threads, then as new threads sell, just delete them as they close them; Or hide them away/move them so Mod's can still see them, but we - the forum users can't.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
is it that hard? why cant people just report the thread when the items sold to notify a mod that it needs deleting.