Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Old mans new ride (2007 Subaru Forester XT Luxury)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Haha ^ I got a few issues to work around to get the keys to this baby, but yep, even if its just once every now and then :p

It does have 2 drivers seat settings though, I bags the second one :D

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
they are extrtemely nice driving cars...make great daily drivers.

Although I think it's stupid that they are slapping the Spec.B designation on the automatic. It's just a GT in theory. The Spec.B everywhere else have the 6spd manual.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
"subaru........its just not a holden"

:p

nah its still pretty noice though

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
very nice car the libertys are...i nearly thought of one when looking for a new car but the SSV won out.

did your dad choose to take it as is and run it in himself or did he pay the little extra and have Subaru run the engine in on the bench before they install it so as soon as you get it you can flog the guts out of it without any worries???

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
^ I didn't know they did that!

Thats a good idea actually... But we just got it as is...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
they sure as hell don't do it here in the US.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok.. I got some news...

I'm pretty disappointed... but I didn't really have a say in any of this.

There was some sort of confussion with the Liberty, and they brought over the wrong car... No idea how that happend.

Anyway, as a result, my dad went in to subaru and didn't want to wait another 2 or so weeks for the right car to come down, and after some discussion he changed his mind, and went for the Subaru Forester :cry:

Its still a nice car... Not much compared to the liberty, but I suppose its ok.

Its still a 2.5lt turbo. However its the WRX motor, not the WRX STi motor that was in the liberty. However, the forester is in fact a bit lighter than the liberty in regards to performance theyre pretty similar... Plus the Forester has a LOT more potention when it comes to doing it up.

The sunroof is absolutly massive, We got full black leather with grey carpet/roof lining (as opposed to the standard white/beige leather and beige carpet/roof lining).

It has 17" alloys, and a different sound system to the liberty... not as good.. but still pretty good.

We're getting it in the same 'Urban Grey' colour.

This time the car is actually coming in on a ship lol... and they said we should have it before the 20th of this month.

If a mod could please change the title of the thread to "Old mans new ride (2007 Subaru Forester XT Luxury)" I'll fix up the rest of the thread accordingly

I'm pretty disappointed, but still cant wait till it gets here :p

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Forester...potential for mods? The only one I can think of is a rainbow sticker. Still a very fine machine.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
we got the 2007 liberty turbo too and it took a fair bit of screwing around with subaru for us to get it

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Forester...potential for mods? The only one I can think of is a rainbow sticker. Still a very fine machine.

Theres these three kits you can get... XA, XB, and XC ... Each increases power, changes breaks, suspension etc etc.

The XC ($6500 Approx.) kit is a bigger turbo etc... Alot of forester owners end up going for these kits... And the forester looks awesome a little lowered as well. So the potential is there :p but yeah, its still a nice car