Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Old mans new ride (2007 Subaru Forester XT Luxury)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
we got the 2007 liberty turbo too and it took a fair bit of screwing around with subaru for us to get it

Congrats mate :thumbsup: It is a beautiful car thats... we would have loved it.. but my old man just didn't want to wait...

Its well worth all that screwing around though :p enjoy man :thumbsup:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Theres these three kits you can get... XA, XB, and XC ... Each increases power, changes breaks, suspension etc etc.

The XC ($6500 Approx.) kit is a bigger turbo etc... Alot of forester owners end up going for these kits... And the forester looks awesome a little lowered as well. So the potential is there :p but yeah, its still a nice car

google Legacy GT mods

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've got this print out here, its from a website which i shall not link seeing as there are new 'post laws' :p anyway its MRT performance...

The XC kit is a guarenteed minimum 65rwkw gain + 65% more torque (XA = minimum 15rwkw + 45% more torque, XB= minimum 35rwkw + 60% more torque)

The XC kit includes:
1 x MRT 3" rear muffler
1 x MRT center pipe with high flow cat and resonator
1 x MRT engine pipe with splitter on turbo outlet (for improved response)
1 x MRT cold air intake pipe with filter
1 x intake resonatorectomy
1 x 500hp in tank fuel pump replacement
1 x VF30 Turbocharger
1 x cat less uppipe with flex joint
1 x ECUTeK MRT ECU software upgrade
1 x recalibration of factory ECU using mapping extensively developed on road and dyno

AU $6690

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I've got this print out here, its from a website which i shall not link seeing as there are new 'post laws' :p anyway its MRT performance...

The XC kit is a guarenteed minimum 65rwkw gain + 65% more torque (XA = minimum 15rwkw + 45% more torque, XB= minimum 35rwkw + 60% more torque)

The XC kit includes:
1 x MRT 3" rear muffler
1 x MRT center pipe with high flow cat and resonator
1 x MRT engine pipe with splitter on turbo outlet (for improved response)
1 x MRT cold air intake pipe with filter
1 x intake resonatorectomy
1 x 500hp in tank fuel pump replacement
1 x VF30 Turbocharger
1 x cat less uppipe with flex joint
1 x ECUTeK MRT ECU software upgrade
1 x recalibration of factory ECU using mapping extensively developed on road and dyno

AU $6690

lol, your in trouble if they are quoting rwkw. It doesn't matter, I'm simply telling you that there is far more potential in the Liberty...not that it matters now.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh yeah.. i know that.. the liberty is a much much nicer/better car, but hey.. i cant complain, at least i still get to drive around in a new car :p and its still nice. It is a shame though

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
nice choice there i like the foresta they are nice do it up like this one just not pink

Last edited:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
WOOOOOO! brand new car *steals keys*.... *puts on muzza voice* EY BRO! LETS GO CHAPEL! haha im so bored, they look like a nice car:).... wouldnt mind one, want to swap it for a vn?*rolls eyes* haha anyways have fun and goodluck with scoring the keys:D:D:D

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahhahaha, the first night I get to take it out alone i might head to chappel, only coz i get a few looks in my vt, so i wnoder how id go in a brand new turbo lol...

hopefully we'll have it by this weekend... hopefully :( Then i might take a bit of a cruise up ferntree gully, or along the beach.

Aparently for the first 10,000ks, the engine capacity is restricted and then at the service they program it to full power or something... to help prevent it being thrashed when its being run in... Apparenlty theyre really sluggish and stuff for the first little while, but then after 10,000ks its all good, everyone who has one has told us not to change the exhaust till after 10,000ks coz it gets heaps deeper and louder :D

Plus the extra large sunroof will be good for looking up at the starts.... from the back seat...................... lol yes yes its dads car.. but saturdays its mine! (I still have to run that idea by him though lol)

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
I work for subaru and there is no restriction or program mod to be done at the 10,000km service to give full power the resaon that you will find it to be down on power is the engine/driveline has very tight cleances and will take time to lossen up we have sold lots of xt foresters and ones that have been pushed not abused from new go great they must run 98 octane or better fuel as they will run s#*t good luck with the car matie if you wont somemore grut out of it go and see vince at docklands he no's his stuff

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
vince.... I think we spoke with him... Thats where we baught the car from... I cant wait...

They were VERY VERY professional at that place... I was very suprised... great show room as well...