Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

old strero needs a code, will the new one?

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
so i unhooked the battery and now my stock stereo needs a code, i was randemly pressing buttens and thought i found the code, it unlocks for about 2 minutes then i need to do it again, anywayyssss ive got a brand new headunit here and i was wondering if i put it in if i would need a code still or not? and i know theres a few threads about codes and stuff but i couldnt find anything that said about a new stereo or not, thanks heaps guys, im assuming i wont but im not to sure

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
and sorry about the bad spelling i need some sleep haha

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
have you checked your car owners manual to see if there is a code written in that? is the brand new head unit an after market one eg. sony/alpine/jvc if it is it wont need a code.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah read through the whole thing and it wasnt printed or wrote down, and its the stock eurovox one
in there now and thats the one that needs the code, but my brand new one is clarion

Last edited:

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
well if anyone was wondering i put the new one in, and it didnt need a code and works fine so far, thanks anyways, and i just read back on my other posts and they didnt make a whole lot of sense because i wrote them late at night hopeing for anwsers for the next morning but i went back and fixxed them haha