Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Omega and SV6/SS/SSV parts?

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
Hi. I though I would start this thread as I want to get a clear handle on what "bits"..from higher end models will be a direct fit with the Omega.
I just read a message from someone saying that VE Calais tail lights dont fit the VE Omega bumper..which gave me a bit of a wakeup call..as I assumed they would fit the standard Omega...so...before I go buying anything....I thought I should make sure..what will...and will not fit the Omega.
From checking out ebay, it seems the SV6 and SSV tail lights are a direct fit and an easy job (please confirm).
I would also like to know if the SV6/SS front and rear bumpers are a direct fit..I assumed they were but would like this confirmed also.

Thanks.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
sv6/ss tail lights are the same as the omega one in looks, the ssv tail lights (clear ones) will fit straight in to an omega (i have them on my car).

SV6/SS Front & Rear bumpers would be straight swap from what I hear, someone has done it on here I think (at least the rear bumper anyway)

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
alot do the sv6/ss rear bar when they change to the dual exhaust. the front bar also fits but you have to change to the sv6 grill.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Sv6, SS, SSV lights fit the Omega, the Calais lights are too big, they will fit if the calais rear bumper is purchased though. SS/SV6 bodykit (front, back, and sides) all fit the omega. however the SS grill will need to be purchased to fit as above, also the splash tray below the engine is screwed into the omega bumper, when changing to ss bumper the holes won't line up, no big deal though.

The VE clubsport front bar will fit on the omega, however the rear one will not unless the hsv lights are purchased.

Interior ss/sv6/calais light switch (with fog lights option) will fit straight on the omega, however no looms are there as standard to use this feature.

SS Interior dash trim will not fit omega due to different dash layout (ebay often says it will fit omega but won't)

What are you thinking of adding ?? XD

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
dave_amson.
When you say the SS Interior Dash trim will not fit, things can get a bit confusing.
I have changed to the SS gear lever surround trim, radio and radio surround, including adding the top screen & six stacker which replaces the radio screen and the centre top A/C vent outlet.
It all just screws in place of the Omega stuff-no problems at all.
Keith.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
dave_amson.
When you say the SS Interior Dash trim will not fit, things can get a bit confusing.
I have changed to the SS gear lever surround trim, radio and radio surround, including adding the top screen & six stacker which replaces the radio screen and the centre top A/C vent outlet.
It all just screws in place of the Omega stuff-no problems at all.
Keith.

Keith,
Sorry, i should have made that clearer. What i am talking about is just that plastic strip that goes horizontally across the dash.

Second thing, now i am intrigued about your interior setup. I wish to get rid of the ugly green LCD screen. Do you mean you replaced the top screen with the sv6/ss setup?? how hard was that. I understand the top section comes out but the ss top screen + stacker just bolts in there? + is it a matter of just unplugging and plugging in the wires underneath for a straight swap.

Also.. where would one go for the new radio screen? :D

Thanks,
Dave

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Berlina Foglights and bezels will fit to and omega factory front bar.
The foglights themselves are the same through the VE range. My dad has SS foglights behind the Berlina bezels.

SS front will fit but needs a bit of modifying to mount it.

SS rear exhaust garnish will fit (from reading the V exhaust on an Omega thread) although I am yet to try this

As mentioned before the headlight switch between Omega, Berlina, Calais, SV6, SS and SS-V (unsure if Satatesman and Caprice) and interchangeable. Although the foglights switch will need to be wired up as no loom exsists for the Omega. The auto electrician has done this to my dads car and I will eventually work out how and write up a how to.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Berlina Foglights and bezels will fit to and omega factory front bar.
The foglights themselves are the same through the VE range. My dad has SS foglights behind the Berlina bezels.

SS front will fit but needs a bit of modifying to mount it.

SS rear exhaust garnish will fit (from reading the V exhaust on an Omega thread) although I am yet to try this

As mentioned before the headlight switch between Omega, Berlina, Calais, SV6, SS and SS-V (unsure if Satatesman and Caprice) and interchangeable. Although the foglights switch will need to be wired up as no loom exsists for the Omega. The auto electrician has done this to my dads car and I will eventually work out how and write up a how to.

Im looking forward to that fog light diagram Nick ;)

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
dave_amson
It gets a tad complicated but.....
Yes it all screws or clips in although from memory you need to replace the complete surround that goes around the radio and gear lever area. (I certainly replaced all that stuff.)
The centre A/C outlet also changes with that top screen.

If you want to just go six stacker the facia pulls off and some of the plastic panels around it come off, the radio can then be screwed out and replaced.
Howeverto go six stacker you also have to buy the new facia to go with the six stacker & have the dealer do a code change, which some may charge you for.
If you can pick the six stacker and facia up second hand you stand to save a mint because off the top of my head the dealer will want in the $1500 area for the stacker and facia.
AS I said previously I have changed the lot and it looks exactly the same as the SS setup. If you want to know more just ask and I will have a look in the daylight and that will jog my memory.
Regards
Keith.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Thanks Keith,

I'll come back to you when I need some assistance. I'm planning on at least replacing the dash facia above the radio.

Cheers,
Dave