Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Omega & Berlina to get "premium" engine

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Heard today that the Omega and Berlina motors will be getting an "upgrade" and will now have dual VVT like the 195 engine to reduce fuel consumption.
When I first heard this I assumed that the 195 and 5 speed would be dropped in but its quite the opposite.
The fuel consumption will now drop to 10.6 L/100KM however the motor has now lost power and torque as a result.
So the Base model now makes 175 KW (yet again) and 325 NM of torque and produces the power at 6500RPM as opposed to 6000 RPM.
Im really quite surprised that holden has has so much trouble squeezing fuel economy out of this car and the fact that they had to lower the power to do so.
Such a young engine and it seems like not that much can be done with it.

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
Thats embarrasing if its true.. but is it true? where did you hear it? Surely they wont do this!:bang:

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah i'm sure that'll all change when they introduce direct injection. 220kw v6

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
the v8 can afford the 10kw loss no prob but the v6 sure can't afford it's power loss.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
you know what holden is like. First they introduce a crap feature, then in the next series they rave about the 'improvements' when the power goes back up to what it used to be.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
What people neglect to understand is that the kw power figures are only PEAK power. Something nobody can use on the road legally.

More important for daily driving is torque. If the torque figure goes up with a sacrifice of some peak power, GREAT!!!! It's an IMPROVEMENT!!!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Um, I said "if". People go on and on about power but don't realise they can never actually use it.