Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Omega vs VZ SV6??

gesz00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S2
Thanks for the feedback on SV6 vs SV6, what about Omega vs the VZ SV6? There's a big gap with price on ve sv6 and vz sv6, how about comparing the Omega with a vz SV6, price gap isn't as wide.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
how about you do your own research?

There are dozens of magazines out there with VE info, hell, wheels has a VE special, 140 odd pages of just VE information.
If you're that keen on buying the car you'd know the features of the car you're looking at, not just trusting the word of an internet forum.

P.S - VE will still win

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Suggest you go drive them both, or as maxy suggested, go grab the latest copy of wheels that features the entire VE range.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The VE Omega will come out on top in every area... BUT it is stuck with the stocko kit which isnt as flattering.

Its still a quick car compared to the Executives of recent years, but its less powerful than a VZ SV6 and it only has a 4 speed auto.

Personally, I'd take the VE Omega.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
The first thing is that the VZ SV6 has a bodykit, alloys and wing. Otherwise there pretty much the same except the new design.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
The first thing is that the VZ SV6 has a bodykit, alloys and wing. Otherwise there pretty much the same except the new design.

New design for VE means Much better suspension and IRS setup, better brakes, better handling, much better chassis, better interior, etc. etc.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
New design for VE means Much better suspension and IRS setup, better brakes, better handling, much better chassis, better interior, etc. etc.

Ye true, 55% more stiffened body (correct me if i'm wrong) then the VT-VZ body, very impressive.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Hahaha...I cant wait for the next idiot that wants to line up a VE to overtake me on my left hand side in the left hand must merge right lane... I've compared the new VE with my VS and those omega's are slow !!! where's the 10 years of extra technology gone ??? Bring on a Sv6...LOL ! they still lack 30 Nm of torque compared to a stock L67....they maybe have more power @195 KW but torque is acceleration !

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahaha...I cant wait for the next idiot that wants to line up a VE to overtake me on my left hand side in the left hand must merge right lane... I've compared the new VE with my VS and those omega's are slow !!! where's the 10 years of extra technology gone ??? Bring on a Sv6...LOL ! they still lack 30 Nm of torque compared to a stock L67....they maybe have more power @195 KW but torque is acceleration !

SV6 pulled 6.8 seconds 0-100... Like to see a stock VS Calais L67 do that. Thats faster than a VS SS, by half a second.

They may not have the torque of the L67 in terms of max torque, but they are alot torquier alot earlier... And they have better power and torque curves.... 32% wider than the L67's torque curve i believe (90% max torque i mean here).

Last edited: