Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

omega

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
I think you might be onto something west55 :whistling

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Why is it that novated leases (once the option to white collar workers only) are now commonplace for blue collar workers - to reduce the taxable income. I have had my car on a HP lease coming up four years - why? Because it is good money management, not because I had to.

And if some people do have to get a loan to buy a brand spankin' new car- it only shows the true passion for what they love...

Novated leases, salary sacrafice - Scotty clearly doesn't know sh*t.....:yeah:

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Well I never said anything about buying outright... I wouldn't ever waste that much money. Like I have said, my new VE will be purchased through a government department. That means I get about $10,000 of the price to start with and don't pay dealer delivery or govt. stamp duty. I would never buy a car outright - like has been said, the depreciation it makes it a stupid thing to do as you only stand to lose thousands!

Now I don't know why people think I'm a public servant, I manage a service station. It's through family I get to purchase my VE through a govt. department. YAY!!! :D

All I'm doing is expressing myself, my ideas and opinions in an open forum as I believe everyone is entitled to. The fact my ideas and opinions aren't mainstream or in line with most other peoples doesn't mean I should be ridiculed, insulted or verbally abused in any way. Disagree with me by all means but leave the immature crap at the door... And as for thinking I have other names or other accounts, um... What the? I created my account based on the first thing that came to mind at the time - my phone rang and my ring tone is "Scotty Doesn't Know", as in the song.

And yes, I find it crazy what some people do to the English language. Baring typos, what ever happened to proper grammar and spelling? I would assume everyone on this site has at least a high school education.

Anyhow, I'll just sit back and observe for a while I think... I usually get a few laughs from things people say.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
No need to sit back and just observe...

I appreciate your opinions but I do disagree with them man. Its just when you dont agree with someone you really give them crap and can be very condescending and insulting.

Its fine to disagree, but when you know your opinions are against the mainstream maybe try to tone it down a little so that everyone can have their say and opinion. Its a forum, all the threads should be discussions with varying opinions.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Interesting

Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Well I never said anything about buying outright... I wouldn't ever waste that much money. Like I have said, my new VE will be purchased through a government department. That means I get about $10,000 of the price to start with and don't pay dealer delivery or govt. stamp duty. I would never buy a car outright - like has been said, the depreciation it makes it a stupid thing to do as you only stand to lose thousands!

Now I don't know why people think I'm a public servant, I manage a service station. It's through family I get to purchase my VE through a govt. department. YAY!!! :D

Very interesting. I may have to look into this on Monday when I get to work.
No, I'm not looking at buying one either.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
Originally Posted by Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Now I don't know why people think I'm a public servant, I manage a service station. It's through family I get to purchase my VE through a govt. department. YAY!!!

does this just mean your waitin 6 to 18 months and buying one from government auctions

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
And yes, I find it crazy what some people do to the English language. Baring typos, what ever happened to proper grammar and spelling? I would assume everyone on this site has at least a high school education.

I agree with the others that some of the things you said were a bit harsh, but I'd have to agree with you on this one. That's one of my pet hates! Oh, and that's just my oinion of course...:yeah:

EDIT: By the way you spelt "barring" wrong. ;)

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
naf33n said:
does this just mean your waitin 6 to 18 months and buying one from government auctions

Um no.... It means someone in my family works for a Government Agency and that the Government Agency gets exceptional fleet AND Government discounts on NEW CAR PRICE!!!

They do not pay Government Stamp Duty (obviously) no dealer delivery charges and the fleet discount is about $10,000 across the VE range :D

So that person in my family sets up the lease (but not in their name, in our family company name) throught their Government employer. I make the lease payments to our company and our company makes the payments to the Government Agency.

There are also multiple tax benefits in doing this both individually (for the person who will set it up for me) and for our family company.

So with my worst case scenario, my trade is only $10,000 and my Calais has a RRP of approximately $46,000 with the discount making it approximately $36,000. Take of the $10,000 for my trade (worst case, could be $12k - $15k) and I get a brand new VE Calais for $26,000 :D That makes the weekly lease payments less than $100 :D

killarava2day

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL BT1...VL Group A SS
Repayments? On a car? You mean people still get loans to buy cars? lol How foolish!

You don't need to tell me about depreciation on cars...it's a fact of life. Cruel though and yes it sucks but I suppose that the only advantage of a buying your own car new is that you get to chose everything that you want, colour etc., rather than getting close to what you want when you trying to find something second hand.

And I don't really know that many people, beit work mates or friends, that can afford a car over 20K without some sort of assistance (finance). Plus like it really aint that hard to get finance these days either..show some income, reasonable credit rating and then out comes the red carpet for you to walk on and have money thrown all over you:bang:

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
Um no.... It means someone in my family works for a Government Agency and that the Government Agency gets exceptional fleet AND Government discounts on NEW CAR PRICE!!!

They do not pay Government Stamp Duty (obviously) no dealer delivery charges and the fleet discount is about $10,000 across the VE range :D

So that person in my family sets up the lease (but not in their name, in our family company name) throught their Government employer. I make the lease payments to our company and our company makes the payments to the Government Agency.

There are also multiple tax benefits in doing this both individually (for the person who will set it up for me) and for our family company.

So with my worst case scenario, my trade is only $10,000 and my Calais has a RRP of approximately $46,000 with the discount making it approximately $36,000. Take of the $10,000 for my trade (worst case, could be $12k - $15k) and I get a brand new VE Calais for $26,000 :D That makes the weekly lease payments less than $100 :D

.... and anyone who doesn't happen to have such a lucky collection of circumstances and has to take out finance is a fool (or whatever it was you called them)....

We'd be happy to read your non-mainstream opinions if you didn't come across as a prick so often!