Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OMG Anthony Mundeen Polly???

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
i just heard it on ten news Anthony Mundeen is going in as an inderpendent against the education minister LOL WTF is he thinking now i can't believe anthony mundeen is a politition now...where is this country going:bang:

here's the write up:

Anthony Mundine set to run for Parliament

By Gavin Stone, 6th August 2006- Former world boxing champion Anthony Mundine is set to run for Parliament as an independent at the state election in March, 2007. The Sydney Morning Herald reported that the former St George- Illawarra Dragons and Brisbane Broncos rugby league star will contest the inner-city seat of Marrickville, which is held by Education Minister Carmel Tebbutt, a move which seems to be inspired by fury within Redfern's Aboriginal community over the establishment of a cultural and training centre in memory of Pemulwuy, the legendary Aboriginal warrior of the early 19th century..

Mundine’s uncle, Mick Mundine, has been in a tedious dispute with Planning Minister Frank Sartor over the Pemulwuy project.

Mundine, a staunch non drinker - non smoker, has spent the last two months on a nation wide tour promoting the benefits of a clean lifestyle, with the purpose of reinventing the culture of today’s youth.

“I want to tell the young people not to drink or smoke, encourage these kids to set goals and be motivated to do their best. That's what I am trying to instill in them.” Mundine stated.

"Believe in yourself, and don't drink, smoke or take drugs."

It has been suggested that rugby league and boxing were meerly part of the resume for ‘The Man’, with politics being Mundine’s final destination in years to come. Mundine’s cousin, Warren Mundine, holds the position as president of the Australian Labor Party.

Last year Mundine slammed Australian prime minister John Howard after the Cronulla riots.

"I believe we have problems within society and racism is one of them problems, it's a bad disease” said ‘The Man’.

"I believe we've got leaders that are cowards.

"They are in denial and will not confront the issues and confront the problems that we have with society and to make comments like the leader (Mr Howard) has said, it's really got me dumbfounded.

"I think people shouldn't be condemned because of their colour or creed, they should be judged on their deeds and their positive ways to their fellow man, their actions.

"We can live together, we can work together but it's a matter of letting your actions speak louder than your words."

It is expected that Mundine will announce his candidacy at a public meeting on Thursday night.

Mundine is currently ranked No 3 in the 168lb - super middleweight division by The Ring- universally recognised world rankings.

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
I can't see it myself ... I was at Hurstville a while ago, and I was parking in a spot there, and Mundeen rolled up in his WRX or Evo (what eva it was) and sticks his head out the window...

Mundeen "Hey brotha, can I park there"
Me "Umm no I just got here"

He gave me a look, like don't you know who I am, when I walked off...

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Hopefully the voters will judge him by his actions and not his color or creed. That way he will never be voted in.
A few of his comments that he made while in Alice Springs recently proved that he will only be a voice for himself & no one else.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
One fight that he won't win.

I hope.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
He was never world champion. Was he?

Either way the guys a moron, there are plenty of Aboriginal people who are intelligent and can get their point of view across without looking like i di(k. Mundine isn't one of em.

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
yeh i was gonna say i dont think he ever became world champ, i know he held a fair few titles but i dont think he ever did become undisputed world champ, he lossed to kessler or woteva his name is

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Bax said:
One fight that he won't win.

I hope.

I hope ur rite lol, but i cant c it myself, his too much of a wots the word. :bang: lol i wouldnt even say it

cheers

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
At least he is standing up for something !!! which is alot more than some pollies do...

Education in todays society needs vast changes... It's gone downhill over the years since all these mothering standards have been introduced.

Some kids think they know more than their teachers... and they are arrogant and disruptive in classes...

What can a teacher do about it ???

absolutely sweet FA !!!

"Now please little Johnny be quiet I'm trying to teach..."

Teachers these days have been castrated of any power in the classroom to teach since they took away the cane IMO !

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
sixshooter said:
At least he is standing up for something !!! which is alot more than some pollies do...

Education in todays society needs vast changes... It's gone downhill over the years since all these mothering standards have been introduced.

Some kids think they know more than their teachers... and they are arrogant and disruptive in classes...

What can a teacher do about it ???

absolutely sweet FA !!!

"Now please little Johnny be quiet I'm trying to teach..."

Teachers these days have been castrated of any power in the classroom to teach since they took away the cane IMO !

I have a friend that is a head teacher, and we discuss this all the time.. There is no respect from students and they pretty much run the classroom their way, and the teacher is powerless... All you can do is ask them to leave the room, and if they are too dis-respectful you push to get the suspended. But then that gets over rulled and you are stuck with the same shmuck back in your class again ...

But back on topic, I am glad that Mundeen has something he wants to stand up for, but they way in which he does it (look at how he was on celeb big brother), the guy just has no clue... If he does get in, it will be confirmation of how sad our world has become...

M

MzTomboy

I agree that it's great he's standing up for what he believes in, god knows the education department needs it... BUT his comment after september 11 sticks to mind... "america got what they deserved" Do we really want someone who makes comments like that being involved in anything political?
As a boxer, I think he's fantastic although I was devistated that he beat Danny Green, I was hoping for a much better fight on Danny's behalf, but he put up a great fight and deserved to win.. As a person, I think he's way too ****y and arrogant and needs the crap beat out of him! lol
As far as the anti drinking, smoking, drugs thing goes, well as a former youth worker I think it's great, and what a lot of kids need.. Someone whose passionate, fit, healthy and has a sport where he is taught disiplin which could also be a form of venting (nothing better than punching a punching bag when your angry) has the potential to be a great role model.. Look at Oscar De La Hoya.. he's even opened his own boxing place for disadvantaged kids.. I just hope Mundiene goes about it all in the right way and it doesn't turn out to be a disaster...