Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

On a ve where is a 12 v dc out to connect a reversing camera too

Chazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden ve commodore
Hey guys im installing a rear vision mirror reversing camera in my 2007 ve commodore just trying to figure out where the wires exactly go I have 2 seperate wires one that connects to the reversing light and the other for 12v dc power goes I’m just about to wire the reversing light, but where is the best place to connect the wire for the power as I have asked a few people and looked on you tube and every single person has said different so am a little confused right now an want to make sure it’s done properly

OzJD

Reaction score
Website
jeltel.com.au
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice V II (V8)
I do not know for sure (haven't checked) but I would have presumed the reverse wire is positive, the negative would be shared. There's definately only two wires in total?

Chazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden ve commodore
There is a red an black wire coming or near the reverse camera and a red and black wire coming off near the mirror so obviously the one near the camera is to be wired to the reversing light and the one coming of near the mirror is for the 12v dc but am not sure where on the ve I can wire the 12v wires too

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
There is a 12v supply behind the console under the radio for the smokers pack . Also another one behind the glovebox

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Need to take care for the one behind the Glove Box, as it has other inputs/outputs on it, I found out,
Where the pin outs are from different devices.

I would say you would be looking for
PIN 3 Backup Lamp Supply Voltage + Voltage
PIN 10 Ground - Voltage

My advice, would be to check the PIN's with a Multimeter first, to see if they are supplying voltage when needed.

In addition to my comment,
I have corrected the PIN out, I did indicate originally PIN 4,
where its should be PIN 3, not PIN 4
Also the attachment is the image of the FEMALE socket, where the plug under the dash is the MALE side of the plug/connector.

Attachments

• VE Accessory Plug under glovebox PIN Out.pdf
    40.1 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Need to take care for the one behind the Glove Box, as it has other inputs/outputs on it, I found out,

I would say you would be looking for
PIN 4 Backup Lamp Supply Voltage + Voltage
PIN 10 Ground - Voltage

My advice, would be to check the PIN's with a Multimeter first, to see if they are supplying voltage when needed.
yeah that's why i decided to use the one under the radio.

Nanoxcel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
There is a unused plug in the boot on left hand side that has Reverse light power, that's what I used