Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One for the techies...SRS

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Assuming the module is correct, without the proper scan tool you won't be able to clear the light. Take it to someone with a Tech 2.

MikeyDon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY wagon
I've tried three different modules...all the correct numbers. Not one of them shows any errors. Had them all at the auto electricians and we swapped them over one at a time. Tried to clear the codes...but there were none present...

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Sounds like you might have a GMLAN communication problem, particularly since the scan tool wasn't able to communicate with some of the other modules. Do you have a copy of the VY Workshop manual? Perhaps some research is in order.

MikeyDon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY wagon
Nope, no workshop manual for the vy...I have one for a vt...I could try track one down.
Do you have any suggestions of where to start or things that might possibly be the problem.

Sounds like you might have a GMLAN communication problem, particularly since the scan tool wasn't able to communicate with some of the other modules. Do you have a copy of the VY Workshop manual? Perhaps some research is in order.
Ee

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Download this one. Covers VT to VZ.
GMLAN (and CANBUS) problems are difficult to track down. Currently have a CANBUS problem on my GenF2 GTS. Do a search on youtube.

Note: sometimes the PDF viewer gets stuck the first time you execute the menu, but it always works second time !!!
Send a thanks to member Fu Manchu.