Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One option for rebuilding a 202

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
Its ok, it would have been really nice info if it was acurate, any1 with a blue or black motor could have found out what their car was capable of. id surly have done it to my black 202 EFI if it was viable, thats why i wa sinterested.

B

big_c_43

Still in an efi VK black 202 which has 109kw stock to about 140kw is pretty imprssive.

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
yeah but we are saying, is this at the flywheel or at the wheels? because step by step somthing isnt right, its the conclusion i've come to. 140kw at the fly. if its at the wheels, that dyno chart dosent reflect it.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
from my memory of reading the article some time ago, all the tests of the carbies and heads etc was all done on an engine dyno, so the 140kw was at the flywheel ... then they fitted the motor and efi to the torana and it made 166hp at the wheels .... which is about 120-125kw at the wheels depending on drive train loss etc thats about 150-160kw at the flywheel and about 210hp ....

my efi 202 (with standard ecu) makes 132hp at the wheels and im not sure how to get alot more out of it without going stupidly wild, so they have done very well.

i think all the numbers are fairly right.

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
****, your thing gets 132 rwkw? they are factory 109 rwkw. whats been done to it, thats alright dude.

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
VK efi's stock are 109kw at flywheel
VN v6's stock are 127kw at flywheel and around 87kw at the wheels.
which is around 33% power loss. so taking that as base the stock VK efi's are only 76rwkw. or around 100rwhp.

You loose a lot of power through transmision and diff.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
Mr Robbo - The General said:
****, your thing gets 132 rwkw? they are factory 109 rwkw. whats been done to it, thats alright dude.

HP not KW ... :) i wish it was KW

its about 95-100kw at the wheels ....

factory yes they are 109kw, but thats at the flywheel, not at the wheels.

as for whats been done to my motor, go here:

http://www.oldholdens.com/cars/bluelhtorana/specs.php

i actually need to get it back on the dyno as theres been a few changes to the engine and i reckon it will be close to 140hp now .... but yeah, need to dyno it soon!