Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

one sub or two?

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
hi all i'm starting to put a bit of a system in my vy ss ute and was wondering whether to go with one sub or two? so far i've only got a set of splits that are pretty good they're 300 watt hertz mlk165 so yeah whats everyones opinions?

carlton.east

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
i have a yv ss uet aswell and i want to put just one in the middle where the sting bit is, you know what i mean ? you only really need one because of the cab size but up to you bud, you have any pics of your car ? i would like to see it lol. i have also got a 7" screen in mine, i love it lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
i aint a pro- but i've try'd both(in a sedan).....1's is enough but 2 was louder...

... but i went back to one cause theres only so much bass ya can have in the car till ya dash , doors, loose change, brain, ect all started rattling and sounded crap inside, and i could do that with just the one sub....(so basically i could have 1 sub up flat out or 2 subs at half volume so just went with 1 for extra room)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeah, buy the best single sub you can get. It'll be better quality sound and you'll have more room to build the right volume enclosure.

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
hi carlton check out my ute i have a thread in show off your ride but the easiest way is probably to go the my proile and get into it that way. make sure you comment and let me know what you think. cheers

double_d

Reaction score
Members Ride
adventra
its been a long time since i mucked around with anything in cars let alone audio
but its coming soon with my next car
in my next setup im thinking maybe a 10 and a 15 or 12
try and cover all base wavelengths using a crossover
i have heard a few songs lately that sound like they are ranging from like 100 htz to 200
what do you reckon am i crazy
the only thing is im very symmetrical with stuff like this so it may look out of place

daniel d

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
its been a long time since i mucked around with anything in cars let alone audio
but its coming soon with my next car
in my next setup im thinking maybe a 10 and a 15 or 12
try and cover all base wavelengths using a crossover
i have heard a few songs lately that sound like they are ranging from like 100 htz to 200
what do you reckon am i crazy
the only thing is im very symmetrical with stuff like this so it may look out of place

daniel d

Yes you are crazy. Don't mix sub sizes.

double_d

Reaction score
Members Ride
adventra
why not you would have mixed speaker sizes to get the whole range of sounds covered

daniel d