Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One Tonne Payload For Ute.

Should Holden uprate the suspension in the Ute to give it a 1 Tonne payload?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

Jaime S.

Hell Yes!
That's why Ford flogs Holden with Large Ute sales.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
didnt holden just bring back the holden 1 tonner? hmmmmmm, im pretty sure that the suspension in that would be able to carry the 1 ton easily.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Your correct Garth, the one tonner does in fact take a tonne, to be exact 1052kg assuming a lot of things like the passenger's weight being 68kg, full tank of fuel weighing 61kg etc, it has air conditioning etc etc.

Whether the one tonner takes the punishment over a number of years is the next thing.

I personally believe it has a lot to do with tradesman who are more likely to purchase these have always bought the blue oval and have been happy so they find no reason to buy another one from the blue oval.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
it's rather funny you should mention that about that tradesmen, some of the boy's at work have got a blue oval alien car (the name and make isnt worth me mentioning) they have got them for a work ute, all electricians. what's funny is 2 of them have got last year's model ford and well, 1 has ad the rear end replaced suspension wise, he put just over 600kg work of xlpe cable in the back and the rear end just kinda died, the other bloke had to get a new ute when his actually buckled under the load of some dirt. i was told that where the cab and tray meet isnt that strong and it just prety much snaped on him. (weather it's true or not i got no idead) either way a car breaking in half kinda sounds cool, what's even better it's a ford that snaped (hairline fracture, was only found when he went to see why he was going threw his rear tyres pretty badly.