Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One tonner alingment specs.

Swiftyland

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
Trying to obtain std alignment settings for a VZ one tonner. Have done a search but no joy.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Camber 0.4deg left 0.3deg right and 1mm toe in.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
How do your tyres wear?

How do you drive the car?

What are the roads like?

These are some of the determining factors on how to set the alignment...Not just some random numbers thrown willy nilly

Swiftyland

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
Don't know yet, driving would be classed as normal and the roads are Brisbane roads?

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Trying to obtain std alignment settings for a VZ one tonner. Have done a search but no joy.
speak to the tyre/alignment shop/place you normally get any of your vehicle/s done

Swiftyland

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
Really? I do my own alignments one tonner is different to ute and standard specs I have are incorrect. Would like the Holden settings as a starting point.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Really? I do my own alignments one tonner is different to ute and standard specs I have are incorrect. Would like the Holden settings as a starting point.

how are you doing your alignments? The specs I gave are the base specs my old boss of 40 years experience uses on that front end. So I always start from there and tweak later on.

Swiftyland

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
Thanks for taking time to reply, will start with that and see how it goes.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

The specs are a broad spectrum which to work by. The variance in those specs especially if adjusted to the outer permaters given, will cause accelerated tyre wear issues....

Do you plan on carrying weight in the rear on a regular basis? This also helps in deciding what a reasonable start setting would be?

Yeah, you probably think I'm being a knob, but having aligned cars for 20+ years, I have learnt that there is no magical setting that works for every single car and every single person....Actually knowing tyre wear patterns goes along way in help give a base setting over the internet to help prevent premature tyre wear. In person, seeing them is how I actually set an alignment, not what a computer screen or book tells me...

You could try 1/2 degree negative camber left and right, with 2MM total toe in....From that check tyres every 3,500K to 5,000K to begin with, for signs of tyre wear and adjust accordingly, if you are actually aware of what can cause the wear patterns....

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
how are you doing your alignments? The specs I gave are the base specs my old boss of 40 years experience uses on that front end. So I always start from there and tweak later on.

So you are saying, your boss never taught you to read a tyre for wear patterns prior to adjusting....You just set them at this setting and waited for the car to come back and adjusted it from there.

I am very surprised your boss didn't teach you those traits if he had been doing them for 40 years....After all, back 40 years ago, you used a cervix aligner and you actually read a tyre before adjusting....