Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Online Shop

Would you buy from an Online Shop?

• Yes

Votes: 72 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah thats what I do. I have a seperate account that I put the right amount in so thats all that can be taken. Easy. Also I'm all for the shop if the parts are either quallity and cheaper or of a higher quallity.
Cheers.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I'm not trying to sound cocky, or typically teen smartassed, but:

Yes it's a good idea that justcommodores opens a store section//teams up to open a store.. I was going to mention to you (darren) a while back about it, but I took into consideration the cost into setting this up.

You should make it, if possible that the more active users are on the website and forum should get somewhat discounts. Also, I've seen on a different website (www.cdcovers.cc) where they host competitions for uploading content, people who upload the most content get a prize. Would be interesting and add bonus points on the entertaining side, if users post current news about HSV/HRT/Holden etc, the most accurate//popular//number of posts wins a certain prize, weather it be a can of WD-40 to a item of a car bodykit, or a free tank of fuel..

Any idea is a good idea I guess.

(edited) I just thought of this: If the idea goes ahead, would it be a good idea for every (EVERY) purchase to come with a print out of JC's aim and purpose so the user can maybe show thier friends, which will result in hopefully more decent users, and with every purchase a bumper sticker of just commodores?

As previously mentioned, any idea's a good idea.

G

Grantis1976

I ment a more old fashioned method of payment like a money order.
I've never used a direct deposit online, just the idea of putting the bank details online, thats all. If I see afew others that dont have security probs., then I'm in!

Darren, how about those bloody JC stickers????????

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Don't like the on line direct deposit but the type where you have to go to the bank in person works great.
I was thinking of say a bulk order to save postage costs for blokes who live in capital city's to a central location.....too complicated?

I was wondering how the sticker situation was going too?

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
i think that direct deposit is the safest way to pay for things online
only takes 2-3 days max depending on which bank you are sending payment to and from.

i agree with markovr
to save on shipping cost one member in each state could be the pickup address of the item you have purchased,

say once a week or fortnightly tony sends a parcel to each member in each state with the goods

then once the item has been recieve at pickup point the member is notified
and then is welcome to get item at a time which suits both purchaser and despatch

not to happy about your item going to someone else first and then not getting the goods.
the despatch person would have to disclose there details to admin@JC, JC Shop(Tony), and all purchasers of items...
and if you dont recieve your goods then it all comes down to the despatch person...

if you dont wanna give out your details then it not the job for you...
best idea would be to find someone that lives central of the state.
or if your willing to say meet the buyer at a half way point...

wat are your thoughts ????

R

Robbie

Munted that sounds pretty good. People would make or could make a real saving on postage... f users could see the status of a delivery, eg how many parcels are going to their local dispatch point, so that they can organise with that person to halve the shipping costs... With the large amount of users appearing to be quite helpful online I don't think this would be to big a problem....

Cheers,

Robbie

rebel

Reaction score
My opinion of online shopping, is i believe a good idea, the purpose of online shopping originally was meant to be so that the consumer saves, i know that is what u are looking at, which is what we need. Yes I would purchase online if I knew the prices where better, the supplier was reputable, and the products are reliable.

With the advantage of online shopping is that the shop owner/sales person does not have the added overheads like rent, elctricity, if u are running the business from home, the amount of room that you occupy for the business is what gets used for tax purposes. As I learnt all this when i done my business course 6 years ago.

I have a suggestion to the freight/postage costs, though, which could be considered.
As this site has admins,moderators and members from all over the country. Why not find suppliers that deal in most states, such as National Auto Parts, RDA, etc - then assign certain ppl from each state to become a distributor, that way, when a sale comes through for parts, the distributor of that state where the order came from is able to collect the parts and organinse shipping to the customer, therefore saving on postage. It can then also be cheaper for few ppl that live close to the distributor to arrange a pick up.......

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
QUOTE (Grantis1976 @ Jan 21 2004, 11:11 PM)I ment a more old fashioned method of payment like a money order.
I've never used a direct deposit online, just the idea of putting the bank details online, thats all.  If I see afew others that dont have security probs., then I'm in!

Darren, how about those bloody JC stickers????????

I've made over 50 purchases via online stores with my credit card.
Ranging from a DVD coming from Adelaide to a Dandy Warhols shirt coming from the UK.

I've never had a problem.

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
Oh and before you say they're only "inexpensive" things.
I've also bought a pool table off eBay.

YoiNk!

G

Grantis1976

I'll give it a go!
What, when, how, and now!

And Dazz, wheres those bloody stickers!

Or even better, how about a sticker with every purchase at the online store!!!!

hehehe

Well, you dont know if you dont ask!

Thanks!