Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

only ethenol in sydney?

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Its a pretty good scam the petrol companies have going.
Make it seem like its cheaper than regular 91 and charge the regular price for it. Extra 4c a litre in there pockets and they just phase out the regular stuff.
Then any car that can't run it (or boat) is forced to pay a higher price for premium. All while the government help it along.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Funnily enough, they're running out of ethanol to put in the fuel :p The mandate was pushed back because of this.

There's a 7/11 on Lane Cove Rd at North Ryde that I regularly fill up at - they have regular 91 unleaded and it's good quality, the fuel doesn't make the car run like crap or get poor economy. And when you do 1000-1200km per week you tend to notice what sort of mileage you're getting :) I don't waste my money on 91 unleaded, the value for money is worse in my Commodore than using 95 unleaded, and in my work car (1.5L Hyundai Getz) I can't use it because it causes problems - as well as terrible economy and performance.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Well i hope they run out of ethanol. I don't think i'd ever use e10 #### unles i had an 05 or later model car. And i'm the sort of "stingy" person that won't pay for premium. It does nothing to my car and yes i've tried. Luckily there are still a few servo's in canberra that still have 91 unleaded.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i used ethanol once lol cause i went all elcheapo one week and my car ran like #### =l never again

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The greenies strike again. Wonder if that one was Bob Carr or one of the clowns that followed.
Running out of ethanol lol, and the sugar crop just got flattened by the cyclone so wonder whats next - mad max style cow #### fuelled methane burners ?