Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ooopps....

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Anyone know what the difference is between 'Ford' & 'GM' Trans fluid??? I just grabbed the first bottle, & filled the VN up, forgetting that we have the Ford here which is goin thru power steering fluid like water.... anyhoo.... Have I posioned my VN now??

*sigh* this is why I shouldnt allow Fords in my driveway, cus Im so used to only have holden products, I dont check labels!

D.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
You should be ok, since both cars will more than likely be able to take either dextron 2 or 3 trans fluid.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Shortstuff said:
You should be ok, since both cars will more than likely take dextron 2 or 3 trans fluid.
Dont know about that. When you look at them there is always a specific ford one and a GM one, both the same dexron rating.
AirStrike :air:

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Thats just because the Ford one is designed to break faster!!!:D

Seriously though, I wouldn't have thought it would do any harm. K-mart junk is doing fine in my car at the moment:whistling ! It should all do the same job shouldn't it?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Depends... In one of our other cars we have to use a specific trans fluid... If we dont the car stalls all the time on idle etc... We found out when the mechanic put in a trans fluid he figured was fine for it, but was different to that reccomended by the manufacturer. Useless mechanic anyway, he put a screwdriver or something through the radiator then just patched it up and didnt mention it... the head ended up cracking because of it... cost us a fortune.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Your not helping!!! lol ....

D.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Did you put it in the Power steering or gearbox, wont matter in the PS you can put any crap in there in a pinch :p

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Stato, 2003 VY SS, 2017 VF SV6
Thats just because the Ford one is designed to break faster!!!
lol good 1
Did you put it in the Power steering or gearbox
gearbox mate

i think it should be ok maybe just to be on the safe side just go to a trans place and ask them just to be on the safe side

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
yeah Ill give DRW a call this morning I think, was going to ring them about service & shift kit anyways :p

D.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
w00t, Good news!!! Ford into Holden fine!!! phew, but Not the other way around!!! cant put Holden into Ford ;)

But bad news is, hard seals in my trans :( damn it!

Price on shift kit & service..... $220!!! w00t that will be shortly after exhaust me thinks :p

D.