Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opel Astras???????????

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i love holdens, but this one guy fully shits me, he put "OPEL" on the back of his astra and continues to call me a stupid "commonwhore" and abuse me and how he is imported from europe.

now, i didn't know that this was actually a holden until a bit ago, what is your opinion on the matter?

there certinally are some holden owners who need their head checked....
whats been your worst experience with holden haters?

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
Holden pretty much only make the commodore and other cars based on the commodore.

Yes the Astra is made by Opel, but if it is the Australian model then it may be different in regards to power figures, emissions etc, therefore he shouldn't say its an Opel - you don't see Lexcen owners rebadging as commodores do you!

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
A lot of people re-badge their Vauxhalls as Opels too. IMHO why go to the bother, as at the end of the day it will still say Holden on the rego sticker.

Last edited:

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
glassjowned said:
Holden pretty much only make the commodore and other cars based on the commodore.

Yes the Astra is made by Opel, but if it is the Australian model then it may be different in regards to power figures, emissions etc, therefore he shouldn't say its an Opel - you don't see Lexcen owners rebadging as commodores do you!

he is always making me feel bad, i thought id check, i never knew that about the commodore thing.thanks!
im just so sick of this guy giving me so much crap

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
glassjowned said:
you don't see Lexcen owners rebadging as commodores do you!

Ummm....Unfortunately yes. My mate Leigh has one. Everything lexen has been changed to holden. You'd never pick it unless you can tell the differences in interior or looked at the rego sticker.....

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Christina said:
i love holdens, but this one guy fully shits me, he put "OPEL" on the back of his astra and continues to call me a stupid "commonwhore" and abuse me and how he is imported from europe.

now, i didn't know that this was actually a holden until a bit ago, what is your opinion on the matter?

there certinally are some holden owners who need their head checked....
whats been your worst experience with holden haters?
Oh and as for this guy..... Just say to him, 'What kind of a male are you? Didn't you realise your about 2 cylinders from manhood?' :p

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
1vngal said:
Ummm....Unfortunately yes. My mate Leigh has one. Everything lexen has been changed to holden. You'd never pick it unless you can tell the differences in interior or looked at the rego sticker.....
We're not talking about converting the car, we're talking about putting a HOLDEN sticker on the back of a Lexcen, for example.

If I had an Astra I'd look at converting it to an Opel, as I'd rather an Opel than a holden. Just tell him if he really wants it to be an Opel, do it properly so people can't tell its just a holden!

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
glassjowned said:
We're not talking about converting the car, we're talking about putting a HOLDEN sticker on the back of a Lexcen, for example.

If I had an Astra I'd look at converting it to an Opel, as I'd rather an Opel than a holden. Just tell him if he really wants it to be an Opel, do it properly so people can't tell its just a holden!

Even so, it's still a toyota.... :p

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol dosnt matter, i am def gonna say that to him lol

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh, and change "2 cylinders", to "2 cylinders and a diff" Just for added measure!! :p

lol