Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

open alcohol in car?? legal?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I like to know because quite often when im interstate for work i stop at a bottle o and get 2 travellers :)

A guy I know through work used to stop off EVERY afternoon and grab a 6 pack of MBs. He would have one stubby finished by the time he pulled out of the car park, one by the time he was at the end of the street (about 800 meters away) and another finished by the time he got home (another Km).

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
You're right, they can't just test everyone for giggle. It's all logged and if theres a shitload of readings from drunk ppl in the street coz they think it's funny, then there would be a BIG 'Please explain' as to why these ppl were "let off" so to speak. There'd some big rockets up the coppers arse if this were the case. lol

well it happened, this was about 5 years ago, maybe i just got an awesome cop that was having a good night.

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Once me and my mate went for a drive, i was drinking a bottle of vodka.
The cops pulled us over, the first thing they saw was the bottle.
They asked whos it was i said mine and they didnt do anything.
This was in Vic

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
deleted my post, will probably start a shitfight among the pissheads ;)

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
You're right, they can't just test everyone for giggle. It's all logged and if theres a shitload of readings from drunk ppl in the street coz they think it's funny, then there would be a BIG 'Please explain' as to why these ppl were "let off" so to speak. There'd some big rockets up the coppers arse if this were the case. lol

theres a joint in hindley street where theres a coin operated bretho station- you get a clean straw poke it in the hole and breathe in, it gives you a perfect reading, always a good laugh while on the turps :thumbsup:

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
theres a joint in hindley street where theres a coin operated bretho station- you get a clean straw poke it in the hole and breathe in, it gives you a perfect reading, always a good laugh while on the turps :thumbsup:

Exactly the reason why those machines are flawed. One problem is that you have people obviously planning to drink then drive, because the machine says they're ok.

The other is that there's always the group of idiots who drink themselves to death to see who can blow the highest and still be standing. Great stuff for bragging rights yeah?

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Exactly the reason why those machines are flawed. One problem is that you have people obviously planning to drink then drive, because the machine says they're ok.

The other is that there's always the group of idiots who drink themselves to death to see who can blow the highest and still be standing. Great stuff for bragging rights yeah?

they are there to make money like anything else these days I guess, Do the machines need calibrating? I wouldn't trust a public breatho machines reading in either case.

If i'm driving or oging to be driving more like, if I feel up to it i'll have one or two light beers, and always wait at least an hour after the last light beer to drive, ive never had an issue.

Having said that if i'm tired I'll not drink and usually go home a little early to get some sleep.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
WTF? People pay to use those? There is a few clubs in Canberra which have those free of charge.

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
has anyone been drunk and drove and got bretho and got off? i did i was up at clare at a mates 21st we shared a bottle of jonny walker and me and my girl friend had a fight so stupid me wanted to go home and i got pulled over and i got brethod twice and he let me go i was stumped coz i was drunk not paro. just gose to show how good those brethos are hey.and yes it was stupid as hell to drive and i dont drink no more as i have olsers.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
One new years, a few back, maybe two, we were all blind by about 9ish, and we needed more grog so my mates gurlfriend drove all of us piss heads upto the bottle o, in my mates car its a bit of a cop magnet, and on the way back she got breath tested, three doors from home, was over the legal limit, just before they breath tested her we told them the sob story, about us being responsible and getting her to drive cause we were all over the limit and she had only had a few in the last couple of hours, but she only just finished her drink before we left, showed them the grog we just bought, as it was only a 2minute drive and was new years, they cut us some slack, and let her off... after a fair amount of pleading from all of us...
Not all cops are asses!!