Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opening boot with flat battery?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The bonnet (or hood) cable release lever is located on the drivers side kick panel near the door seal.

The boot (or trunk) cable release lever only exists in a sedan and is behind the seat opening (somewhere). In a wagon, you need to climb into the cargo space and take off a rubber grommet and insert a medium flat blade screw driver and turn counter clockwise to open the hatch…
This is all good if the key works to open the door?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Already answered.

But being that it’s a PITA, and because I’ve got a tow bar, I’ve used the trailer brake controller wire for charging. I made a ctrek to trailer plug adapter and a brake controller plug to battery adapter wire so I just plug my charger in and away I go..

Discussed in the following thread

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...kle-charger-in-a-vf-sedan.266518/post-3239341

I‘d guess it’s almost certain the same for a VF wagon but haven’t looking into it in the same detail as on my VF sedan :p

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
How likely is it on these cars where the key is never used in the barrel that either driver's or passenger side door both wont work at the same time.
but yes, if they both dont work and battery is dead then you need to break in

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
How likely is it on these cars where the key is never used in the barrel that either driver's or passenger side door both wont work at the same time.
I assumed, without knowing anything about it, and after reading his comment, that the reason they gum up is because they never ever get used? I doubt the 8yo VF's passenger's side has ever been used on ours, and the driver's side probably not for 5 years (I only think I tried it because I was trying to work out how the mechanic could lock the key in the car for me to pick up after he'd gone home).

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The passenger side does not have a key lock to open the door. The keylock manually opens the door anyway so unless the link is broken, the door should open.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
In a wagon, you need to climb into the cargo space and take off a rubber grommet and insert a medium flat blade screw driver and turn counter clockwise to open the hatch…
Yep, had to do this once. After contorting my body to get past all the crap my missus had in the back I had to see a Physiotherapist, a Chiropractor and a Masseuse! I guess the counter clockwise turn in such a confined space didn’t help.......and as for the missus flattening the battery, well I can tell you where I felt like inserting that medium sized flat bladed screw driver!

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Brick is your friend
I vote angle grinder. Car is still roadworthy once I’ve gotten the door open and barrier out. Plus no way someone of my structure is getting through a former window.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex