Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinion: on tyres

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Should have googled more before firing back with a rediculas answer....And lucky I've got some hands on experience with this stuff, not google experience

Toe adjusters in the back....Can't you find the answer on google?
My apologies..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The VT rear suspension was a disaster, depending on what you needed the vehicle for. I had to buy a Falcon back in the day because the camber issues of the VT when towing a caravan. Dealership tried selling me a VT saying if they fit HD shocks for me, then towing my caravan would have been fine, I called BS and walked away.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The VT rear suspension was a disaster, depending on what you needed the vehicle for. I had to buy a Falcon back in the day because the camber issues of the VT when towing a caravan. Dealership tried selling me a VT saying if they fit HD shocks for me, then towing my caravan would have been fine, I called BS and walked away.
Shocks wouldn't change much would it, more like a HD springs would to take the weight.
I got air bags in my springs so I can pump them up as needed for weight when towing. Pedder's told me going HD springs would make it ride harsh without a load so I got them to fit the Air Bags.
One of me mates has a VT and I took it too have the alignment done after I replaced his front bushers and struts they said they are only adjustable from the front as the back doesn't change, then I read vx s2 started to have the rear adjustments for toe but when it comes to lowing the car it mentions about how its a pain to add the camber kits on because of the placements of the factory Toe. If its true or not as its only google.

Oh I just realised the article I read was talking about no rear camber that's were I made my mistake about the front, sorry about my fark up I suppose with getting old comes dementia. the VE commodores have camber and toe in the rear, everything prior didn't.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

All Commodores upto and including VX, with IRS had a disasterious rear suspension set up. They started improving it with the VY and VZ, but it still suffered with the inner edge wear issues.

The rear toe links fitted from factory with the VX series 11 to VZ helped with wear issues, but the issue faced when aligning them was, they are done with the car empty in the rear....As soon as you started adding weight to the rear, the edge wear started rearing it's ugly head.

You could adjust the toe to help compensate for the camber wear, but it's the negative camber that causes the wear problems

Fitting airbags into the rear springs helped the best, because you could add weight into the rear and inflate the bags when weight was added, so the car sat as it was aligned.

Aftermarket camber kits are a pain to install, and are helpful in reducing the inner edge wear, however adding the dreaded weight into the rear of the car, put you back into the same predicament.

So really to sum it all up, they were a disaster all round