Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions of this rim/tyre package...$2300 20" Status Knights 5 with Falken tyres.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
These are going cheap atm and are being sold as a package with 4 average quality tyres (can't even remember the brand to be honest) fitted, balanced with lock nuts and one of those Bob Jane buckets with cleaning stuff in 'em a a promo-type thing...all for $1599. That's option one.

Option Two is have Falken tyres fitted instead, which brings it up to about $2100. Obviously the Falkens would out last and out perform the cheaper alternative, but in the long run is it worth the extra coinage and is that a good price for this package?

Not having bought aftermarket rims before (well, having never paid retail for them before) I was wondering what people's thoughts were.

Are these rims done to death and boring as bat ****? I like 'em...the silver studs look a bit busy though, but the rim bloke pt one next to th car and it looked pretty horny. I've got slotted/drilled rotors too, so these rims shw hem off pretty well.

I guess I'm just in two minds about these rims and need other people's views to help me make up my mind :) I'm like, 85% sold on them.

My VE is black btw :)

I'd be intersted to know what you guys think...about the rims and the Falken option.

Cheers :)

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Aaaaggghhh! Forgot the pics!

Attachments

• rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,833
  • rims2.jpg
    rims2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,364

Aussievtv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss HOLDEN 304
Personal taste mate.... Go the best tyres you can afford. Might just save Somones life in luring your own

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Personal taste mate.... Go the best tyres you can afford. Might just save Somones life in luring your own

Agreed, I'd rather have Pirelli P7's on 18inch rims than Nankang's on 20's.

The Falkens are ok, not amazing, but ok. Seriously, you have 3-6 inches of rubber between you, your family and the road. Buy the absolute best tyres you can reasonably afford and decrease the rims if required.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I reckon those wheels would look tough on a black VE. Get them in 20's! Anything else looks too small on a VE IMO.

Just get the Falkens mate (I assume they're 452's?), they're a great tyre for the price and you won't notice the difference in performance between them and the expensive tyres apart from track driving.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
unless you've got a nice set of brakes to show off i personally wouldnt really go for them... only my opinion though

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
I reckon those wheels would look tough on a black VE. Get them in 20's! Anything else looks too small on a VE IMO.

Just get the Falkens mate (I assume they're 452's?), they're a great tyre for the price and you won't notice the difference in performance between them and the expensive tyres apart from track driving.

They're PT722...which retail for anything from about $450 to $220 apiece depending on where you buy 'em. Haven't got big brakes Dr HaxZaw, but the slotted and drilled rotors deserve some exposure I reckon. :)

Have to paint the rotor guards in silver VHT now...they look all rusty and quite shithouse to be honest :(

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
hey mate have you had these fitted yet? if so do you have a picture? im also looking at a set for a white ve ute in 20s, how wide are you going on the rear? and sedan or ute?

i agree with you i think they look horn, i was also thinking if i decide on them to wrap the face of the spoke white to match the car, and leave the rest black, if there is any opinions on that :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Just adding to the opinion plate. Not a fan. Really not my thing.

Definitely go for the Falken 452s at minimum - they're a very good tyre and great value.

Any other suggestions you'd put on a white ve ute tinny? Preferably about the 20" size