Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions on Best Front Strut Top Mount. Pedders or SuperPro?

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Ok I've pulled the trigger on the SuperPro's. They seem to fit the 'Do it Once, Do It Right' mantra. Spending $35 on aftermarket rubber replacements, only to have them collapse and need replacing again in two years is a false economy to me.

SuperPro schpeel...

Part no SPF1590AK
SUPER PRO Polyelast features & benifits:
New Synthetic Poly Elastomer Material
A 'Sized' Inner Tube on the Polyelast Core Relieves the Stress in the Material
Greatly Improved Resistance to Sagging
New Design Washers Included
A Deep Drawn High Tensile One Piece Inner Metal Core.
Poly Bump Stops at the Top and Bottom on the Inner Core that reduce Distortion and Flaring of the Mount
Improved Driving Dynamics
Lifetime Warranty

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks Imoegnr. I've decided not to go with the SuperPro Polyurethane version based on NVH increases that even SuperPro acknowledge it has. Will stick with the SuperPro Polyelast version.

Any performance difference between OEM rubber mount and SuperPro Polyelast mount?

The polyelast are a bit 'less compliant', the top of the damper rod wont move around as much as a OEM/rubber strut mount does.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Super Pro. Love them on the VE. Same strut pretty much.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
The polyelast are a bit 'less compliant', the top of the damper rod wont move around as much as a OEM/rubber strut mount does.

Thanks lmoengnr, that's exactly what I'm after. A small improvement to handling response without the added NVH, to compliment the new coilovers.

Cheers!

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
So you've not noticed ANY increase in NVH after fitting SuperPro Polyelast top mounts lowandslow?
Did you notice any performance differences?
Hard to tell if i've noticed any tiny increase as the wagon is just a daily beater which is in the twilight days of it's life however the difference is massive compared to my Monaro which has the older style poly strut top by Nolathane. The noise and feel as you hit a bump in the wagon is the same as standard whereas the Monaro you know if you've hit a pot hole or the like.