Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions on loudness of exhuast notes

cuttinglaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 S2 VX CLUBSPORT
Well my system was making a nasty crackle, not a good sounding crackle just a weird brrrrrrrrr crackle when I geared down ...
Then all I changed was the cats and that fixed everything and totally changed the sound of my system ... Mind you I went from hsv hiflows to start with, to aftermarket cats massive difference !

Here's a photo of my system which is no where near legal ... just happened to be out of the car due to the rebuild i'm doing as you can see hiflow cats muffler straight out... then if you look in the
photo i have a second pipe setup that slips on which adds a really dense muffler in just for getting off defects ...

IMG_1078.jpg

di filippo extractors ... quite on idle ... then they open up..

IMG_1085.jpg

Car in Question ..

IMG_1090.jpg

Happy Motoring !

Last edited:

mattsCLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II HSV CLUBSPORT
I bought a VT II Clubby 2 weeks ago and it came with a cat back redback system. 2.5" and the rear muffler had been removed. It had a nice sound up to around 2800 but then sounded stock standard and when i really stood on the gas it was just plain asmatic.
So after doing the 2nd hole mod in my airbox, I had a set of S/S Hurricane tri y's and S/S hiflow cats fitted yesty.
WHOA.
It has really changed the way the 5.7 behaves. It has a decent idle, a great rumble when cruising and when I stand on the gas it now roars..... and on a down shift theres a great deep crackle.... It may be a little loud for some but.........Im enjoying it!!
Redback system was 350, removal of rear muffler was 60, and headers + cats cost me 1200.