Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions on price to pay for VH SLE...

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
I'm looking to buy this VH SLE shadow tone indigo blue over silver and need some opinions on price.
It is in pretty much immaculate condition. Brand new 2 pac paint,in and out,engine bay..etc
All chrome is excellent. No scratches or dents or anything anywhere,on the body,windows..etc
It's a 253 that has been recoed with headwork,cam..etc. All new bolt on parts,manifold,water pump,air con and power steering components,brake booster,radiator..etc
Has been converted to m21 manual with reco box. It has a reco VL turbo diff with 3.9's. All new pedders suspension and related components. Original polished SLE wheels.
It has immaculate interior,no rips,stains or fades of any kind. It has Scheel passenger and drivers seats re trimmed in original blue velour.
All electrics are working....etc

Damn, that's a lot of words!

Anyway, the million dollar question....what do you think I should pay for this car?

I've had a Venetian Red over Silver before that I sold off and have regretted it ever since and have been on the hunt for a good one for around two years now!
Please tell me that i've finally found one. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, so realistically,in today's market what should I pay?
I can post a pic but I don't know if I should as the seller hasn't advertised it yet nor would he know i'd be doing it...unless someone says do it anyway,lol.
Any advice would be appreciated.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
nothing wrong with posting a pic and blanking out all the identifying factors, i.e. number plates etc. its not like there are only 3 left of these things :p

anyway, sounds like a bit of a dream car to me. except the 253 bit, but the rest is a really desirable car. but it all boils down to what its worth to you., genuine scheel seats? wow. 3.9's is good, manual is good. polished sle's are good. i dunno mate. sounds like a car that if i had a budget for i would pay top dollar.

unless he is asking something silly like 10k. if it was completely RWC and 5k i would snap it up. 8k would be thinking hard, 10k would probably walk. but then again, its all up to you and how much you would pay.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Really hard to say without seeing it but you have described it quite well. The car has deviated from original and this detracts from the value (you can use that when you are negotiating the price) - things like the Scheel seats and manual conversion which VH SL/E's never had as a factory option. Apart from that it sounds pretty good, has the seller indicated to you how much he would sell it for? I'd say around 5 - 7k.

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
Alright, i'll put a pic up.

tmNV6.jpg

As for the price, he wants $7500 but I believe that it's a little too much to be quite honest.
I sold my original 308 Venetian Red over Mercury Silver for $8900 over 1 and half years ago which was in pretty much the same condition. I don't know....

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Alright, i'll put a pic up.

tmNV6.jpg

As for the price, he wants $7500 but I believe that it's a little too much to be quite honest.
I sold my original 308 Venetian Red over Mercury Silver for $8900 over 1 and half years ago which was in pretty much the same condition. I don't know....

An original 308 shadow tone is worth waaaaaaaayyyy more than a messed with 253, especially if the 308 is low k's and low owners... I agree $7,500 is too much - but mate, it's really down to you.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah man, that is a nice example. BUT do you know what the paint is like underneath? i.e. who sprayed it, how well was it prepped, how straight is it etc.

if that car is clean and i had $7.5K in my pocket.... i dunno, i would be thinking REAL hard :) engines can be changed later quite easily, so you would have a manual 308 in it for well under 10...

oooh, i dunno man.

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
I don't know who painted it but he has all the pics of the build and looks like a proper job. He's not a 'young' guy, he's about 45 years old with mates in the know who did the engine,body.etc...
As you can see,the side molds are off and mirrors are vk items. But he has them and will put them back on. He doesn't have the orange indicators however.
I don't know......I need to make a decision quickly though.....

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Go with your gut - it doesn't usually let you down.. If the answer is yes wave $6 and a half under his nose and if he sneezes you may have a deal...

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR