Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

opinions on this stage 4 memcal (ebay)

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
ive never heard any bad things about memcal replacements its the chips you put onto ur sensers that make the engine run rich from what ive read....

pls correct me if im wrong anyone

btw you could try giving greenfoam or delcowizard a yell, they do memcal tunes also that have great results:thumbsup:

theSeekerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Manual
I'd avoid it, just because advertising a memcal + air filter as "Stage 4" sounds terribly dodgy to me. Pure marketing, and no way to judge whether these guys can tune.

Just get in touch with greenfoam (on this forum, nicefrog on ebay) or delcowizzid. They'll sort you out with tunes that are well proven on this forum.

theSeekerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Manual
I've heard that blackstar tunes are fairly rich, so I'd avoid those specifically. I've never heard anyone with a bad word to say about Greenfoam....

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Stage 4 - hmmm that to me speaks of cam, roller rockers, big ignition setup, raised compression, high vol oil pump, bigger injectors - all the micky mouse stuff. and big dollars.

But maybe with inflation and time thats now Stage 14.

Here's my guess. (and I'm no mechanic)

Stage 1 - remap ignitions and fuel
Stage 2 - cam and injectors
Stage 3 - lots of head work, valves
Stage 4 - engine rebuild with all the goodies.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Its hard to say, as there is no way to judge this guys credibility as to if he can tune properly. If the tune is not done properly and this guys dosnt fully understand the way engines work(which is all suggested by the way his advertisment looks) then it could very easily damage your engine. My advice is better the devil you know.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yep i think ill track down one of the forum members you guys have mentioned then, are any of them based in s.a.?
also ill be needing a CAI kit and it would be handy too grab it all in one place.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
17kw on a tune and filter Hmmmm....... not likely on a V6.

just looked at his VN/VP V6 memcal, 18kw, 6000rpm safe rev limit. on a stock engine. what a joke.

he sells knock sensor eliminator kits too. so the ecu doesn't retard timing on his tunes which probably have to much timing. don't understand why when he could just eliminate it in the tune itself. justmore $$$ for nothing.

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
Iv'e got a TRX100 chip sitting in my draw..... bought it before i was aware of Greenfoam.
Then bought a Blackstar chip which i sent to Greenfoam to fix up as it was a dud.

Defiantly go with a Greenfoam tune mate.

Just read in another post in the tuning section that Greenfoam said that the TRX tunes are OK .... but i would still go with one of his .... mine works great!

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
You can get a CAI from a holden dealer, cheap as chips.