Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

opinions on vu s type ute please

djvsa

Reaction score
hello guys

i have come across a nice s ute vu which i am thinking about buying for a good price, has hard lid and its quite nice, anyone out there can tell me anything about them, fuel economy? what they drive like, havent driven it yet, any pics with vu s would be cool, im gonna pimp it up, so basically looks same as ss without the fuel bill i guess, any info would be appreciated

thanks for ur time

djvsa

Reaction score
just realised i posted in a vy thread! sorry guys

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
I dunno what the s pack is like but if you can find a nice storm they are an ss with the 6. Its got all the basic options and they are sweet to drive

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
Djvsa, I have a 02 Vu S ute. It's the same as driving a Vt - Vx sedan wagon, Their better on fuel if you have a hard cover, I have been getting 650 to 700kms to a tank (highway driving) I'll put some pixs up soon

djvsa

Reaction score
Gothevu said:
Djvsa, I have a 02 Vu S ute. It's the same as driving a Vt - Vx sedan wagon, Their better on fuel if you have a hard cover, I have been getting 650 to 700kms to a tank (highway driving) I'll put some pixs up soon

ok cool, thanks mate, would love to see some pics, originally wanted ss, now im thinking bout the fuel, still not decided, found a nice vu s but im hesitating, to me they look exactly same as ss, dunno, kinda confused,

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
Djvsa here a few pics for ya, I put the monaro bonnet on a few months ago. It's got king spring ssl up front and sssl at the back,

djvsa

Reaction score
Gothevu said:
Djvsa here a few pics for ya, I put the monaro bonnet on a few months ago. It's got king spring ssl up front and sssl at the back,

very nice indeed, thanks for putting those pics up, how much did the monaro bonnet set up back?

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
how much clearance off the ground, eg do u have to go sideways over humps and ****, do you have with your current king springs? ive just got lows on mine at the moment and looking to do what you have done.

i have a vu but not an s pack if you want some pics let me no

cheers
ryan

Last edited:

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
Djvsa, the monaro bonnet was $600 incl postage off ebay.

The vk man, I've got enought clearance to put my yzf 750 with out it scrubing out and the front you would be lucky to get your hand between the top of the tyre and the gard