Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

opinions on WANLI tyres plz... gettin bad vibrations!!

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
did u see if the tyre is hopping up and down??is the tyre doin any sideways movement??
is there any buckles in the rims???? where u actually beside the fitter when he/she balanced the rims???
from my tyre fitting experience, wanli is a cheap, but alternative get-away-with tyre....
only askin due to your problems, have u also checked if there is any bearing/front-end looseness??? i.e. bearings, tierods,bushes,etc....

i would suggest to try another set of wheels, and see if it goes away.... if its still there, get a front-end check and go from there...

cheers, and i hope it works out in the end....

nah didnt notice it hoping up n dwn and i watched him do it.. shouldnt be any buckles in the rims coz there brand new.. ill get everything checked out anywayz... thanx 4 ur help

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
nah didnt notice it hoping up n dwn and i watched him do it.. shouldnt be any buckles in the rims coz there brand new.. ill get everything checked out anywayz... thanx 4 ur help

ud b supprised brand new or not it depends how they were made even the top quality rims come out new and have slight buckles in em best thing 2 do is spin em up with out a tyre on the rim, my guess would b the rims tho even tho wanlis r known 4 sidewall blow outs lol

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i had wanli all round on mine for about 2 years and never had a problem, the rear did wear out alot quicker then the front for some reason:whistling

now i have maxxis on the front and the wanlis that where on the front are now on the back, and they have started wearing done alot quicker aswell:whistling

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If you do not value your life, stick with Wan-Li, Nankang, Maxxis etc. I do not know how anyone can use such piece of **** tyres. Spend a little extra cash and get quality rubber...you wouldn't use a half made condom when having sex why risk using cheap **** tyres while driving?

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
supose its just like any other product...people are gona have good and bad experiences wether its a cheap brand or even top quatlity stuff...
thanx 4 the feedback guys

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
If you do not value your life, stick with Wan-Li, Nankang, Maxxis etc. I do not know how anyone can use such piece of **** tyres. Spend a little extra cash and get quality rubber...you wouldn't use a half made condom when having sex why risk using cheap **** tyres while driving?

LOL good point!
im not usually one to be a stingey **** when it comes to spendin $$$ on tyres, coz really u get what u pay for.... but these came with my rims from america and had no idea what brand they were gonna be..
there comin off hopefully next week and ill throw a decent set on.. as for the WANLI's, ill try sell them to someone i hate! :whistling

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
LOL good point!
im not usually one to be a stingey **** when it comes to spendin $$$ on tyres, coz really u get what u pay for.... but these came with my rims from america and had no idea what brand they were gonna be..
there comin off hopefully next week and ill throw a decent set on.. as for the WANLI's, ill try sell them to someone i hate! :whistling

LOL, be nice and give them to someone you hate :p

Kruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dumped IRS VS Acclaim 3.8, VR Stato Caprice 5.0

noprobs bloke, anytime...

ud b supprised brand new or not it depends how they were made even the top quality rims come out new and have slight buckles in em best thing 2 do is spin em up with out a tyre on the rim, my guess would b the rims tho even tho wanlis r known 4 sidewall blow outs lol

i agree with u on that point.... being a tyrefitter by trade, i have seen a few sets of brand spankin new wheels that are buckled in some form..
the customer doesnt really like to be told ' sorry but we are gonna have to get another set of rims sent out as these are buckled of some form'..lol

they get a little bit upset when told...:rofl:

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
ok i finally sorted the problem out....i thought id giv an on-car balance a try coz i heard it can be more precise... never seen how its done but they jack ur car up and balance the wheels on ur car with a strobe light an sensor.. seems to have fixed the problem now.
big relief, thought my new rims were ***ed lol

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
noprobs bloke, anytime...

i agree with u on that point.... being a tyrefitter by trade, i have seen a few sets of brand spankin new wheels that are buckled in some form..
the customer doesnt really like to be told ' sorry but we are gonna have to get another set of rims sent out as these are buckled of some form'..lol

they get a little bit upset when told...:rofl:

AMG wheels are the worst for that IME ( in my experince )