Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions sort: Series 1 or Series 2???

V

vc_brock_commodore

the VZ Storm ute i was looking at in the paper yesterday was $27,990 thats with a 3year warranty.

V

VX_KN079

vc_brock_commodore said:
the VZ Storm ute i was looking at in the paper yesterday was $27,990 thats with a 3year warranty.

You still seem to be missing my point. I'm a BRAND NEW car buyer..... Had my VX since new and will be buying a VE when it comes out...

V

vc_brock_commodore

VX_KN079 said:
You still seem to be missing my point. I'm a BRAND NEW car buyer..... Had my VX since new and will be buying a VE when it comes out...

But isn't the VX made before the VZ's?, or have i got that back the front?. Thats good if your buying the VE as soon as it come out, what sort you gunna get?. Anyway man the VZ Storm i was looking at was still brand new (if you know what i mean) it has no k's on the clock what-so-ever and it has a 3 year warranty.

V

VX_KN079

Yes the VX was before the VZ? What are you getting at? My car is six and a half years old and I've had it since brand new... I will be buying another brand new car - a VE SV6 (and if they surprise us with a 'hatch' I will seriously consider it). The fact that a VX comes before a VZ is beside the point.

That's a great price for the Storm ute but remember, utes are almost $10,000 cheaper to buy than sedans as there's not as much to a ute and it's not surprising it's that price. Also, the "extras" the storm has cost Holden almost nothing to add to it which factors into the price they can offer it at. It's likely to be a 2005 model they've had sitting there for a while. I'm not criticising, it's a great car at a great price so go for it if you can. My point is, price is not my first concern, being BRAND NEW (and made the year I buy it) is my first concern. And you won't get a brand new Holden Commodore for anything less than $30,000+

Cheers...

V

vc_brock_commodore

okay man, well i hope you enjoy ya brand new VE when it comes out bro.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
VX_KN079 said:
Yes the VX was before the VZ? What are you getting at? My car is six and a half years old and I've had it since brand new... I will be buying another brand new car - a VE SV6 (and if they surprise us with a 'hatch' I will seriously consider it). The fact that a VX comes before a VZ is beside the point.

And a while ago he told us:
============================
$26,000 - Oct. 2000 VX 'S' V6 Auto (incl. power windows) bought August 2002 from ex-Govt. auctions in Canberra with just 40,000km.
Added SS driving lights, window tint, sound system

============================

so what is it? did you buy it new? or secondhand? Im really starting to find you funny. the same guy who drove a VE then avoids the thread cos the pic was the same one going around for ages.

WE HAVE A FIBBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

VX_KN079

vlv8vic said:
so what is it? did you buy it new? or secondhand?

Well both actually :p

The one from the Auctions I bought for my younger sister because she was driving a shitty old 94 Magna and couldn't afford it herself. So I paid for half and got it from the acutions for her... I already had mine at that time. No point telling people what a new car costs because everyone knows!!! Auctions are always a bargain...

As for the VE thing... Re-read the thread. If you don't get that it's a joke, then you need help!

V

vc_brock_commodore

i've spoken to my mechenic and he said to me that the series 2 will be better than the series 1, and he told me to wait until the series 2 has been realised. so now i'm gunna wait till the series 2 has been realised. what do yous reckon?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
VX_KN079 said:
And what did your mechanic base that advice on?

Things are definatly a lot better these days than the VN or even the VT era. Having said that, I would wait at least 6 - 9 months before getting one. Even though they are supposed to be exactly the same, the cars do go thru a very subtle evolution thru their model life.

For example extra fasteners might be added to a wiring loom because it causes a dash rattle etc etc. Build quality generally improves as a model moves on because the production engineers develop better techniques in screwing the things together. The guys on the assembly line also naturally get better aligning things etc with practice.

I'm not saying don't buy one as soon as it is released, chances are you might be very happy, but waiting a bit would probably get you a better car.

Reaper