Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions Welcome!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I would have been looking for a new mechanic after the $530 repair fell through, but now that you're were you are..

When a professional performs any kind of service, they are required to perform it with "due care and skill", so if you can show that further damage was cause due to poorly performed work done by the mechanic, then you probably have grounds to claim compensation. If however, the mechanic just made poor decisions about what needed fixing, and replaced things that didn't need replacing, you generally won't have much to go on.

Talk to consumer affairs, they will advise you of your statutory rights and what steps you can take from here.

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt 50th anniversary s1
My son doesn't know too much about engines especially 2 strokes

QUOTE]

They go like f***, then BANG! lol F*** the whales, save the 2-strokes!

vtbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt 3.8
Thanks for your interests, and have thought of all of the above plus more nasty ones!:whistling

Actually went down there today because they said they were going to start building the bottom end so that it can be ready for ourselves or used as a recon engine!!!

So its ok to use bits from your engine for somebody elses?

I got some pics and what was a bigger worry, they have got rid of the failed piston, small end & pin!!

This was part of the evidence that shows the piston experienced a catastrophic failure due to high combustion temps.

He said they had to smash it to get it out so it wasn't worh keeping!!!

Anyway, I had a word with his superior and I am going to put a bit of a case forward to them.:thumbsup:

vtbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt 3.8
Just had a response from the company.

In their words a jetski should not be run at full revs for 6 to 8 seconds!

Thats a bloody first for me!:bang:

They told us they are gonna put all the parts in a box and we have got to come and collect it!

Quality customer service.

If it wasn't for the wife I would be on the 6 o'clock news tonight!

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
In their words a jetski should not be run at full revs for 6 to 8 seconds!

News to me to. All two-stroke engine I have or used, I use at full revs for alot longer then 6-8 seconds. Take the chainsaw (different but same principal) for instance, it will run at full revs for a full tank, then I refill, and run at full revs again and again, it will run at full revs all day and not have a problem. Lawn mower, Motorbike everything love full revs. If I labour the motorbike it runs like **** and gets a build up on the piston, full revs fixes that.

The fact that they have stuffed up so many times is a worry, get your story out there, but dont say anything thats not 100% true and they will come back and bite you on the ass. Newspapers, other mechanics, forums, go the whole hulk, even go on ACA if you feel the need lol.