Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS2] Opinions: worth going twin 3''

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
I have a twin 2.5'' Manta S/S hotdog-muffler system on my cammed VZ Maloo Ute. Have pacemaker headers and hiflo cats. Now ive been thinking of going 3'' as the 2.5'' sounds good but lacks some bass and volume. Would a twin 3'' be more ballsy ? is there much difference id notice by changing ....

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
You certainly won't lose any performance going up to the twin 3". Volume will increase in all areas. Mine sounds insanely loud at WOT. So much so as i think i'll be changing back to a twin 2.5" Di Filippo when funds permit. However i've run the twin 3" for over 2 years. Still like it but the car was never a daily with it.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
The ute isnt a daily, have been contemplating changing out the 2.5 manta to there 3 inch system or a custom system, its hard to discribe but doesnt really have much note untill its up around 3 gran

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
leave exhaust - spend money on a cam......

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'm talking to a guy at the moment with a twin 3" and he has just been stickered, VZ Maloo, but his is 6.6L and cammed. VERY loud.

Twin 3" will definitely make it llouder, depending on the combo you get, the volume will differ. As you know, the Manta do a hotdog front, resonator rear, or muffler front and resonator rear. If you don't want to go too much over the top, I'd get muffler/resonator.