Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

optima D34 battery

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Never had any problem with mine, and my sound system.

Deep-cycle is awesome, accidentally left some lights on in my car, battery got down to 4v, charged it and still goes strong.

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
if your planning on a stereo that large and requiring an optima calcium cell battery, maybe getting a 100amp alternator is a good idea as well, just means that your not always relying on your battery so much.

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
it means that if you reach the limit of the alternator (standard is 80amp) for pumping out to ancillaries you will not have to run down your battery....just a thought... i know a lot of 4wder's who run a larger alternator because they run a lot of extras and it just saves you having a battery run flat..and large stereos tend to require a large amount of POWER..

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
To help with light dimming with bass try doing the Big 3 upgrade first. Basically upgrade the alternator to battery, the battery to chassis, and the battery to engine wires. Then get a D34. Then look at a bigger alternator.

Aussiecv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro & VE SV6
Just go for the optima. Mine starts everytime and I only drive it once a month or so. Takes a half hour drive to fully charge it from flat. I can watch dvd's wth sound through the stereo for an hour at a time without a problem.