Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Optima Yellow top, $429 good buy?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I am just after some advice on price. My local Autobarn are selling Optima Yellow Top batteries for $429, do people think this is a reasonable price?

I would like to call around to other places, but I don't know of anyone else in south australia that sell them, and checking the dealers section on Optima's webpage shows dealers that are on the other side of the city, not really viable to go there. It doesn't list my local Autobarn, which makes me think there are other dealers around Adelaide..
Does anyone know anywhere else that sells them i the southern suburbs in south australia?

Cheers
Denno

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Yellowtops are a good investment as they will last longer than you car, and can be put in your new car. I think $380 is a reasonable price (if you are talking about a D34), but in vic it might be different? Do you have beaurepairs in SA? they sell optima for the cop cars that need to be done. Also have you tried battery shop they usually have them?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Yeah there are Beaurepairs in SA, didn't even think that they might sell them :S. I'm not exactly sure the type that Autobarn sell... Typical though, I'm glad I asked cuz from experience Autobarn do tend to up the price a little more than other shops lol.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Just rang Beaurepairs and they only sell Century batteries.. The guy suggested to call Battery World though so I'm doing that right now.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Woah, I thought Autobarn over charged, Battery World -> $475 yikes! lol

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
yellow top is recommended for running an audio system, correct?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Ok well there are like 4 different yellow top batteries (I just looked on the car toys website Car Toys - High Performance Parts). I'm guessing the more expensive the better right? But I just want to better understand each one. I have a decent sound system in my car (nothing huge, but decent), and I just want to be able to play my system up loud, with subs blaring etc, without the car having to be on. Will the whole yellow top range give me this ability? Do you SMIT, or anyone else know the difference between all the types? (of yellow tops).

Thanks