Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Optima Yellow top, $429 good buy?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Nope, no isolation, no fuses....fuses add resistance (small, but still adds). I only connect the D31 to the rest of the system when testing or competing.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Holdenboy I just had a completely random thought pop into my head. What you need to do with your port is make one that looks like a huge exhaust cannon and to also put electronic boot struts on your wagon. So next time some ricer is behind your car you can flick the switch and go 'Mines Bigger' then blast thier ears off. :D

Sorry just having desert and having a suger rush. :p

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
....... post back here if they still have that special on ;)

I don't think I'm going to get it from your suggestion sorry mate. They're in NSW, and even if they did post, the battery is darn heavy, so postage cost would be through the roof. I think I'd just be better off going to autobarn, they've got the best price that I can find so far, so I'll most probably go in there next time I've got a change and pick one up :).

Thanks for all the help though, especially clearing up the difference, well lack there of, between each YellowTop :).

Thanks
Denno

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
$350 is fantastic. I'll check with dad tonight and see if he travels out that way for work very often, get him to pick it up for me :).

Thanks wagon man

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Holdenboy I just had a completely random thought pop into my head. What you need to do with your port is make one that looks like a huge exhaust cannon and to also put electronic boot struts on your wagon. So next time some ricer is behind your car you can flick the switch and go 'Mines Bigger' then blast thier ears off. :D

Sorry just having desert and having a suger rush. :p

LOL, i like it.....(strokes chin)......

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Dude, haven't you got JB HIFI near you? I got my yellow top for $320 but maybe thats because I use them alot! They are good batteries, a good brand to trust.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
JB HiFi sell batteries? Since when? I have never seen batteries in my local JBs... Admittedly I've never looked, but they've never caught my eye...

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Yeah JB Hifi sell batteries, I have been buying my gear from them for about a year now. They only do the yellow tops but sure they can order them in if you wanted.
Maybe they differ from store to store. In my local there always located by audio amps.
Have a look mate.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I picked up my brand new D34 from JB Hi-Fi for $250. Helps when you have bought 4 amps in like 2 months though. :whistling