Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Optima Yellow top, $429 good buy?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Damn, I'm glad you told me this now, before I went for a drive to this other shop :p. I'll give my local a call tomorrow and see what they can do for me. Very good timing there Ray De Man.

Thanks

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Bugger, well the guy at my local knew nothing about them selling optima batteries. Looks like I'm off to Richmond. I'm happy with paying $350 though :).

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Well whatever works best for you mate. Good luck in finding it at a good price would be a bonus!

Oh when you do get it, charge it properly for a good 30 mins or so, turn audio system off or on very low. It comes pre-charged so you can start engine.

Last edited:

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Just remembered there is a JB's near uni. Rang them today, they can order them in, but the best price they can do it $378. Still s***s all over autobarn. Can't believe I was considering buying something from there haha. But still, will be heading to the shop suggested earlier by Wagon Man.

Thanks for the suggestions though peoples :).

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
I will give another big :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: towards the optima yellowtop. have had one in my car for 2 years now & never had a flat battery ever. Used the stereo cranked up for a party for 6-7 hours solid. went to start the car 10 min later and not a problem. VX SS too so takes a bit to wind over i would say.

Another test for it was away camping (2WD access) ;);) with a engel fridge on the back seat in summer. had the fridge running the whole weekend car started fine even after 2 days of not being started.

i think i paid $415 for mine 2 years ago. so may of gone down or up since then

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Went and bought an Optima Yellow today :). $360 from performance shop in Richmond, south australia. Very happy. I rang up early today to make sure they had some in stock, which they didn't, but the guy said he could get his supplier to bring him one, and it was there by 3pm. Very happy with that :). Now I just gotta wait til my mate gets back to me about prices for some installation type things and I'll be slapping it straight in :).

One question though, will the battery fit straight into the stock location? (VX Commodore) or do I need to use the adapters that are included?

P.S. 300th post, yew! haha

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
What adapters are they

If found with mine i had to space the battery up a little bit ie just under 10mm i think.

Found a bit of flat wood that was the right thickness painted so as not to absorb to much water when i was the engine and it been there as long as the battery has. Not a prob

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
A D34 Yellowtop fits straight in to a VT/VX, undo clamp, remove old battery, put YT in, put clamp back on, perfect fit.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Like I've said I have a D34. Slots straight in, no adaptors needed, right height and everything. Only problem is that the terminals are on the wrong side. So you will need to turn the batter 180 degrees. The positive terminal isn't a problem, but the negative terminal won't fit straight on. On my VX the negative terminal metal piece has a 90 degree bend in it that needs to be straightened flat, once that is done then it will fit straight on.

Attachments

• SNC00016.jpg
    SNC00016.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 367