Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Optima Yellow top, $429 good buy?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Ok very good :). I don't plan on using the stock terminal clamp things, I'm getting ones that have the inputs for 0, 4 and 8 gauge wires, so that won't be a problem. Thanks for the photo acarmody.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Like I've said I have a D34. Slots straight in, no adaptors needed, right height and everything. Only problem is that the terminals are on the wrong side. So you will need to turn the batter 180 degrees. The positive terminal isn't a problem, but the negative terminal won't fit straight on. On my VX the negative terminal metal piece has a 90 degree bend in it that needs to be straightened flat, once that is done then it will fit straight on.
Ahhh... Yeah, I keep forgetting about that since I did it so long ago :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I didn't bend the metal myself, I paid a Auto Sparky shop to do it. I was afraid that bending the metal might break it, nd if yu do that obviously your car won't start. So I took it to the shop said how much, $20 bucks, sweet. I must have got the apprentice, 1.25 hours later he was finished, LOL. Cheapest 1.25 hours of sparky time ever.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hi guys,
I'm trying to figure out the best way to wire up my battery/cables.
I've got 2x 0gauge cables, 1x 4gauge, 2x 8/16gauge cable...
I've got a Rockford Battery Terminal which has 2x 0gauge and 2x 8gauge terminals .... how can I also attach a 4gauge onto that? I Was looking at the BT Marine Batterys cause they got the extra terminal ... does each terminal put out the same? will it be alright to run a 4gauge of that to power my amp (250x2rms @4ohm)?? or is it better to get a YT and somehow mod 1 of the Rockford terminal sumhow?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
The extra terminals on the Blue Tops are still capable of producing the same amount of current as the top "post" terminals. The only difference is they use a threaded bolt setup instead of a post.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Hi guys,
I'm trying to figure out the best way to wire up my battery/cables.
I've got 2x 0gauge cables, 1x 4gauge, 2x 8/16gauge cable...
I've got a Rockford Battery Terminal which has 2x 0gauge and 2x 8gauge terminals .... how can I also attach a 4gauge onto that? I Was looking at the BT Marine Batterys cause they got the extra terminal ... does each terminal put out the same? will it be alright to run a 4gauge of that to power my amp (250x2rms @4ohm)?? or is it better to get a YT and somehow mod 1 of the Rockford terminal sumhow?
Hey mate why so many cables? why not use distro block?
not having a go or anything, just wondering.
Cheers.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hey mate why so many cables? why not use distro block?
not having a go or anything, just wondering.
Cheers.

I was thinking distribution block.
0gauge from battery terminal to distribution block to alternator 0gauge and 4gauge to amplfier ... i wanted to run 0gauge straight from bat terminal to my sub amp.
is it possible to put the alternator cable into a distribution block and then into the bat terminal?

Why so many cables? I dno ... 2 amps (0gauge & 4gauge), alternator (0gauge), then alarm cable ... and one other cable that I don't know ... prob like lights or some sort of thing.... actually do something with the headunit??

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Thats a hell of an alarm if it requires 8 gauge cable to run it. Have you got like 100 screamers in the car?