Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

optimax name change

lieos

what ford i didnt see it
Reaction score
was at the shell at moore park the other day and noticed they've changed the name of optimax to v-power. dont know why and all the other fuels hav the same name so it seems useless to me for them to change the name

GLD-086

Reaction score
Yeah mate, it's the same here aswell.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
proberly to trick ss-v owners into buying it,
nah i have never liked shell for sum strange reason not because of the fuel quality just the brand for a strange reason that i cant figger.

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
same in melb and brochures about it inside the servo to

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
According to shell its to replace Optimax as a better High performance 98 fuel

Shell said:
The creators of Shell Optimax, Australia's first premium performance fuel, are proud to announce the introduction of their new performance fuel. New Shell V-Power with Friction Modification Technology is designed to give you better responsiveness and improved performance in comparison with Shell Optimax, the fuel that it replaces.
New Shell V-Power has been developed by the scientists who develop Ferrari’s Formula 1 fuels. New Shell V-Power has been thoroughly tested both in the laboratory and on-road. The final formulation is a result of data gathered over several years of testing.
We used the same technology to develop Shell V-Power as we do when developing fuels for Ferrari Formula 1 cars.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
V-power.... Same fuel they had overseas when my sis went. Other year, when she went through paris/italy/france etc.
Called V-Power recommended for the high performance european market.

Cheers
MaT

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
its called lpg isnt it?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
There is apparently a new 100 Octane Optimax out, has anyone either seen it or used it? It sounds insane....

Shell Optimax noow is V-Power 98 Octane
Shell Optimax Extreme is now V-Power Racing which is 100 octane with a 5% ethanol blend.

I tried the 100 octane for 3 tanks to throw the car on the dyno and see if ti made any difference, although no real power gains were made power curve was marginally smoother also less pinging in the higher rev ranges.

I obviosuly switched back afterwards due to the fuel containing ethanol.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I filled up with the V-Power stuff at Bathurst and got down to Seymour on the one tank (nearly 700 kilometres) with the car fully laden with camping stuff so it seems to be pretty good stuff, mostly highway cruising though of course but still the best ecomony I've had from premium unleaded for a while