Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Optional Police brakes ( pad replacement )

Carcool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Man
Thanks for all the input everyone , and yes I could purchase some thought Holden or the US but what I was asking was if anyone had changed their pads and managed to get them locally through an aftermarket supplier such as Bendix or QFM ?

VF2SSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF2 SSV ute
I'm still trying to find them. I went to numerous shops and none could find them. I don't want to get them from Holden because thats what they want me to do and probably the reason for the so called upgrade. It was more of an upgrade for them I think.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Hopefully QFM can make a set.

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V
Does anyone know where I can find the $350 (police) upgraded calipers and master cylinder?
I have asked Holden dealers and they don't list them. Wreckers have never seen or heard of them.
The discs are listed at DBA. But the calipers cannot be found anywhere and no one seems to have heard of them (except people on this forum).

VF2SSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF2 SSV ute
Does anyone know where I can find the $350 (police) upgraded calipers and master cylinder?
I have asked Holden dealers and they don't list them. Wreckers have never seen or heard of them.
The discs are listed at DBA. But the calipers cannot be found anywhere and no one seems to have heard of them (except people on this forum).

Hey mate I brought my Bendix police brake pads online from the states for $34.00(US). All up with shippng they cost $89.00(AUS). Holden quoted me $260.00 just for the pads 'not installed'. I would think the calipers and master cylinder should be available there also.

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V
Hey mate I brought my Bendix police brake pads online from the states for $34.00(US). All up with shippng they cost $89.00(AUS). Holden quoted me $260.00 just for the pads 'not installed'. I would think the calipers and master cylinder should be available there also.

Thanks, I'm looking there but there seems to be so much choice in the chevy ppv brakes that might fit the R8. It seems a bit hard to find the actual part that will fit the commodore.
Do you think they work much better than the standard VF V8 brakes?

VF2SSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF2 SSV ute
Thanks, I'm looking there but there seems to be so much choice in the chevy ppv brakes that might fit the R8. It seems a bit hard to find the actual part that will fit the commodore.
Do you think they work much better than the standard VF V8 brakes?

I don't think there would be much difference in performance, I reckon it's a scam to make sure you bring your car in to Holden to get the pads done. Honestly I wish they didn't put them in. They threw them in for free when I brought the piece of crap. They're definitely not an upgrade. I tried to post a picture of the pads I brought but couldn't on this forum.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
They were just offloading leftover parts from US cop cars by the looks of it...

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V
Thanks, I thought they might be better due to the larger disc. I might just get a better quality disc and pads.