Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Optional Police brakes ( pad replacement )

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It might sound like a silly solution, but take the car to an auto parts shop, take a wheel off and get the person behind the counter to look at them....Good chance they will be able to supply the correct pads, as all brake pad manuals have a drawn picture of brake pads that can be used to get the correct pad from a sample supplied.

Of course it does take a little effort, going to a spare parts shop, removing and refitting a wheel, but to me it saves a heap of headaches trying to find the correct brake pads....And the bonus with this method is, you can post the part number up for others to see and save them the same headache

VF2SSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF2 SSV ute
It might sound like a silly solution, but take the car to an auto parts shop, take a wheel off and get the person behind the counter to look at them....Good chance they will be able to supply the correct pads, as all brake pad manuals have a drawn picture of brake pads that can be used to get the correct pad from a sample supplied.

Of course it does take a little effort, going to a spare parts shop, removing and refitting a wheel, but to me it saves a heap of headaches trying to find the correct brake pads....And the bonus with this method is, you can post the part number up for others to see and save

I removed my pads and took them to 3 auto parts stores and they couldn't find them.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I find this highly unusual.....Brake pad books have a drawn picture of every brake pad available, which can be used for reference in situations like you find yourself in....

I'm not suggesting you didn't do what you have, just find it unusual....

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
There isn't anything except genuine for these pads, so why would supercheap or repco have them in a Bendix catalogue?

VF2SSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF2 SSV ute
I find this highly unusual.....Brake pad books have a drawn picture of every brake pad available, which can be used for reference in situations like you find yourself in....

I'm not suggesting you didn't do what you have, just find it unusual....

Go and buy one of these buckets of **** and you'll see. Even holden took 30mins trying to find them over the phone.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't get upset about it.

Option 1: buy genuine new pads
Option 2: buy set of standard ss brakes
Option 3: buy set of brembo

VF2SSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF2 SSV ute
Don't get upset about it.

Option 1: buy genuine new pads
Option 2: buy set of standard ss brakes
Option 3: buy set of brembo

Shut up ********! I went for option 4 and found Bendix pads in the states for around $34.00(US). Happy to have a 'know it all' like you telling everyone how to buy **** though. Cheers

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Put up a part number.

And relax