Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

optional wheels

old_fella

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 SSV UTE
hello i am just wondering if you could get 18 inch wheels as an option on the standard vz ute? i think i have seen them as an option, if so how wide were they and could u also tell me there off set

thanks

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SVZ Ute/A5 & 06 XR6T A6
From memory, there was two 18' wheel options available and a 19''.The wheels fitted to my ute are from the Monaro CV8-R.They measure 18x8,sorry but i dont know the offset

Glenn

Picture027.jpg

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is two pics of the dealer fitted option 18"s
VZMONARO.jpg

vy20monaro.jpg

Last edited:

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
monaro wheels were not a option on vz utes. they came standard on the storm svz and ssz utes but not as an option for a normal ute.
the optional 18's where a hbd wheels which from memory where a 7 or 8 spoke wheel and there where two different types the where call L series or something like that

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
monaro wheels were not a option on vz utes. they came standard on the storm svz and ssz utes but not as an option for a normal ute.
the optional 18's where a hbd wheels which from memory where a 7 or 8 spoke wheel and there where two different types the where call L series or something like that

What do you mean that they were not an option????Never heard of "Dealer Fitted" If your talking "Ex Factory" you are correct.

Well the in-dash 6 stacker in my ute "ex factory" must be a single one,,,,,,dont know where 5 cd`s have gone then.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
What do you mean that they were not an option????Never heard of "Dealer Fitted" If your talking "Ex Factory" you are correct.

Well the in-dash 6 stacker in my ute "ex factory" must be a single one,,,,,,dont know where 5 cd`s have gone then.

i have no idea wat you on about.. but when my bro was looking at a standard s ute... not a svz or storm or thunder. just an s ute. they had about 5 or 6 hbd wheels that where optional for the ute. i cant find the brochure right now but im pretty sure there where only two types of 18's. and they where not cv8 wheels.

maybe you can work something out with the dealer to get monaro wheels but there not a standard option

dont no wat your talking about ur cd stacker for, everyone knows thats an option on normal utes

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
i have no idea wat you on about.. but when my bro was looking at a standard s ute... not a svz or storm or thunder. just an s ute. they had about 5 or 6 hbd wheels that where optional for the ute. i cant find the brochure right now but im pretty sure there where only two types of 18's. and they where not cv8 wheels.

maybe you can work something out with the dealer to get monaro wheels but there not a standard option

dont no wat your talking about ur cd stacker for, everyone knows thats an option on normal utes

The point im trying to make is that it does not have to be an option that you tick a box and you will recieve.There was no passenger airbag option or 6 stack cd on a SVZ ute and i have them.This came about by shear luck,i dont think the dealer even relised what was in the car.You could have anything within reason fitted to a vehicle on the assy line,,,,you just have to pay for it. I have factory fitted XR8 suspension and 18'' rims fitted to a BA F/mont Ghia,,you wont find a box to tick for that option

3x 18'' wheel pakages available for the VZ- L,J and N
3x 17'' wheel pakages available for the VZ- W,Y and I
No HBD, all from HSVi

Glenn

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
The point im trying to make is that it does not have to be an option that you tick a box and you will recieve.There was no passenger airbag option or 6 stack cd on a SVZ ute and i have them.This came about by shear luck,i dont think the dealer even relised what was in the car.You could have anything within reason fitted to a vehicle on the assy line,,,,you just have to pay for it. I have factory fitted XR8 suspension and 18'' rims fitted to a BA F/mont Ghia,,you wont find a box to tick for that option

3x 18'' wheel pakages available for the VZ- L,J and N
3x 17'' wheel pakages available for the VZ- W,Y and I
No HBD, all from HSVi

Glenn

a 6 stacker and passanger airbag is probly the 2 main options. they are on the list of options and from memory they are at the very top of the list. for a standard ute the are anyways

and as for no hbd wheels up until the ve was released hsvi didnt exsist everything was hbd.

also shouldnt the svz have a 6 stacker as standard. i thought that was one of the things they where adding to the svz deal just like the wheels etc

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just another opportunity to increase your post count with another ill-informed reply.

Like many other SVZ buyers/owners,we were led to believe and I am sure unintentionally, that these vehicles were already assembled and waiting on their new owners. The only options available or offered at the time of signing was colour and auto.I chose an auto and silver with some other dealer fitted accessories.When I got the call from my dealer that the car had arrived I went down and chose mine They had two silver auto`s and I chose 1,as it happened I got an extra air bag and the 6 stacker free of charge,I don't think they ever realised and i wasnt going to point it out,their loss my gain.As far as HBD wheels,i still have the brochure sitting here.....and it clearly states at the right hand bottom of the page, Wheels by HSVi

To sum it all up----if you had the funds and were prepared to part with the cash you could option up a std ute with any genuine accessory you choose,as the original poster asked----what 18'' rims were available to a std ute. Its a very simple answer,,,,,,,which ones do you want.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
read the first post he asked about a standard vz ute. and optional wheels for it not weather or not he can convince a dealer to put monaro wheels on it. he also did not ask about your ute and weather or not you got a 6 stacker.

as said before hsvi was only introduced with the ve. the wheels offered for the ute were orignally named hbd for the vz. just cause they change there name doesnt mean ****..still desgned by hbd made for hbd, they are a hbd wheel.